Now, before you go getting all sad because my Dirk is out of the country for our anniversary... I'll just tell you he missed our first, under much worse circumstances. So we're 2 for 4 now!
Dirk and I started dating off and on, in July of '03. I agreed to marry him on my birthday, during General Conference. Watching him squirm with happiness and try to be reverent in the conference center was priceless. He officially (I say officially, because unofficially, he yelled it at me in a park at night during a break up)... ahem... he officially proposed to me on December 5, 2003, then we got married four years ago today, May 7, 2004.
Our first anniversary was spent apart. We had seen each other the two days prior for his basic training graduation. They were supposed to let me see him for our anniversary, but instead, he got to stand in formation for 18 hours strait, while I went to a movie, 'A Lot Like Love' in the theater by myself.
Our second anniversary, we went camping on the beach in Corpus Christi, while I was 7 months pregnant. It was a blast. We'll probably never do that again!
Our third anniversary...... we're still debating on this.... I know it was only last year, but I seriously can't remember! We had just bought the new house and were super busy working on it. I think Emily babysat Hayden so we could go to breakfast and a movie. Sad, I know.
Our fourth anniversary we celebrated a couple weeks ago with our beach getaway. So no, I'm not sad that we are apart... I just wish I could give him a big ol' hug and kiss today!
During four years of marriage we've had~
1 Army contract
2 Years of Hayden
3 Moves to new homes
4 New bumpers put on our car
Dirk is my best friend. He is more than I could ask for in a husband. I love him!
I love you Dirk :) I hope your internet is working again so you can read this today.
Happy Anniversary
+of+DSCF9972.jpg)

10 comments:
so Cute. I'm so happy for you Laura!! you guys are so great together!!! Congrats on 4 years of happy togetherness.
Happy Day To You! I was with you during the first anniversary fiasco! Man, has it REALLY been three years since we've seen eachother? Crazy, lets fix that. Anyway, do't feel bad aboutn ot being together, my parents forget their anniversary until we call them! Have a good day!
Happy Anniversary! To celebrate- Olive Garden with 2 kids! He he
Awww, how sweet... Happy Anniversary to you, and congrates :)
Happy happy joy joy!! Four years. I'll have been married five years this summer. Do you realize what this means?? We're old!! I'm glad you got to celebrate before you hubbikins took off. I can't believe you're already such an accomplished fish killer though. I'm starting to wonder if yours would be a safe home for one of my kittens after all! lol
Happy day!
I remember when you guys got married! That's 'funny that he proposed to you during a fight! Did you accept right then (unofficially).
RIP fish
No, I did not accept the unofficial proposal! I told him he was crazy and it was never going to happen!. :) Guess that proves who's the crazy one. Thanks for all your comments :)
You know what this means? It's been four years since my speeding ticket! Congrats to you both!
Awwww! Happy Anniversary!! 4 years down...ETERNITY left to go!!!
Aww! I also remember when you guys were dating and engaged! Sad for Dirk to be gone right now, but I am glad you celebrated still!
Post a Comment