Pages

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks....

...and banging forks, spilled water, crackers on the window, flying bread sticks, greasy hands, cheese in hair, and 2 screaming boys!

Kelsey and I thought it would be a fun idea to go out to Olive Garden for their soup, salad, & bread sticks lunch. Kelsey suggested we pick it up to go. I figured we'd gone for sit-down dinners a lot with our kids, so we shouldn't have any trouble. Plus, you don't want to miss out on those endless, fresh baked bread sticks! The bread sticks were delicious, as usual. I ate too many.


As I was walking out to my car in the middle of lunch, to retrieve some emergency supplies (pacifier, crackers, toy), the nice host guy asked if we had been given a good table. I assured him we had, then blushed as I thought about what our neighbors might say if asked the same question! I'm sure the whole place was happy to see us go. Hayden was even given an award for 'Most Obnoxious Child in the Restaurant'. I gave him the award. I'm sure if there really was one, he would have been sure to win it.


We decided to leave once the boys started having a competition to see who could scream louder. Our table looked like a war zone. I had garlic butter up to my elbows, and no napkin to wipe with, because they were all soaked in a soppy puddle in the middle of the table. We left a good tip.

5 comments:

The Nester said...

It still sounds delish. I'm starving. I wanted to answer your question about what color brick. If your walls are an actual color, it's nice to do the brick the trim color--white or beige. Or if you have a big white mantle around the brick I might go with a creamy off white or dare to use the famous Tobacco Road if the room is neutral! Search Tobbacco Road on my blog if you haven't seen that post.

By the way, you and your man are adorable!

Montana Brandts said...

I have done that lunch many a times! What fun! My friend and I have gone a couple of times with our two little muchkins, and I think we set the record for the amount of drinks spilled on the floor in one visit! I think the total was 4 or 5 drinks! I am not really sure, but it was one of those numbers! I can't wait 'till they are older, then resturant visits might be way more pleasant!!!

Callie said...

Oh my goodness, I love their bread sticks!!! Yum! Ahh...the joys of toddlers. I am enjoying Kaden being so small right now! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh -- Olive Garden! I miss Olive Garden!!!!

Crystal said...

Hey Laura and Dirk! I love your blog! Your little boy is adorable! Happy Anniversary! I am sad that the Dirkster can't be with you! You are a brave woman! You will have to go visit our blog to see my little family!
http://jc-family.blogspot.com

Love,
Crystal

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews