Just before Dirk left, I did a trial order of his picture on a pillowcase. We picked it up from Walmart today. I thought it looked kind of silly, but Hayden loved it, and that's all that matters. It was kind of hard to see Daddy real well, when he was all bunched up. I thought about putting a pillow in it, but that would make it difficult to take him with us everywhere we went. So I found some left over quilt batting and put it in, then sewed it up. I also sewed around his head and shirt, mostly to hold the batting in place, but it's also given Daddy a nice 3D-ish look. Hayden loves his new Daddy Blankie.
Getting ready to go night-night with Daddy
I asked him to pose with Daddy, so he stomped on his head. Feelin' the Love!
Introducing Daddy to his other night-night friends.
5 comments:
That's cute Laura. I'm sure Hayden loves carrying around Daddy!
Adorable!
What a great idea! I am sure this has been tough on Hayden not seeing Daddy every day. I am so glad Kaden is going to be too young to remember this deployment.
thats a cute idea! And just FYI I have a friend that made a daddy doll for her daughter during their deployment.......she found a picture of him standing than had it printed out so it was about 12" than cut him out and cut out a back sewed them together and stuffed him with some stuffing, very cute and her daughter loved it, they tried a blanket first too, but it was too big and bulky to take everywhere...anyways just a thought!
A friend sent me the link to your page. My husband is also deployed, and my boy turns 2 in Sept. But what really caught her eye is my husband's name is also Dirk. Not many Dirks in the world, are there?
I love the idea for the daddy blanket. All I've done is make fridge magnets out of photos of daddy. Dirk also managed to send a DVD of him reading a book to our little boy. That was pretty neat.
Anyway, I wish you all the best. It's a cute idea, and I might just have to make my boy a daddy blanket too. I'll see if I get that ambitious in the next little while.
Post a Comment