Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Good Day in Nursery

Today was the first Sunday, since January, that Hayden has actually been good in nursery. Nursery is the class the toddlers go to, to play and eat snacks, while their parents are in the adult classes. Hayden as been pretty scared of being dropped off in a room full of twenty 2-3 yr olds, and being left there for 2 hours. Usually, he only lasts about 10 minutes at a time, until someone comes to find me to rescue my crying child. Today, he did pretty good! He even helped get the snacks ready for snack time. It was really nice to be able to enjoy going to my church classes, without being interrupted every few minutes by a cranky child.

I think the reason today was better was a combination of a few things. First, they switched the order of our church classes. Instead of nursery being the first two hours, it is the last two. Most parents I've talked to seem to like it better this way. I definitely do. First thing in the morning is kind of a bad time to drop a toddler of in an unknown place, right away, before getting to spend any snuggle time with mommy. And after 2 hours of running around with other kids, it's really hard to sit still for a whole hour and be quiet and reverent. So, it's better this way.... even though it means I have to make more of an effort to be on time!

Also- for the first few months, most the other kids were 2-3 yr olds and Hayden was only 18 months to begin with, so they had different ways of playing, and the older kids would be a little mean to him, and always steel his toys, and Hayden just didn't know what to do about that. Today, there were lots of newer kids that are 18-24 months, and they seemed to group together with their scared, teary eyed, nice way of playing.

I went to pick Hayden up from class and he had these EARS that he had colored. I don't know what they were for- I'm assuming the lesson was on listening to Jesus or something like that. He looked pretty darn cute in them. I tried to take a picture when we got home, along with his balloon he got in nursery, but he just wanted to play outside. I had promised him if he'd just sit down and let me buckle the car seat, then he could play outside. The whole way home he begged, "out hide... out hide"... so I kind of had to let him.


4 comments:

Mandie said...

That's so cute! He looks awesome in the little ears.
I can't wait for Avery to be in Nursery. I actually should have put her in there already but I didn't know that I was supposed to just take her in. She would have started this week but we have colds....Oh, well next week will be good. Wish us luck!

Hamlie said...

The title of the lesson is "I'm Thankful for my Ears," I taught that one a few years ago. Pretty basic, but you really can't go that deep into gospel concepts in Nursery :) There are also lessons about being thankful for eyes and mouths. I really do like Hayden's ears, they are quite nice.

Kelsey said...

Yeah good job Hayden! I also love your ears! Now you just need to listen to mommy with them! :)

Hopeful in Washington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews