I've heard many people over the years say buying flowers is a waste of money... they're just going to die. Or the only reason you should have fresh flowers is if your boyfriend/husband buys them for you.
I disagree with both statements... especially the first! Fresh flowers instantly lighten and brighten a room. Just looking at fresh flowers has been proven to lift the mood and make someone happier. I am constantly buying myself flowers. Well, technically, Dirk is buying them, since he's the money man, but I bring them home. A lot of the grocery stores around here have beautiful bunches for $4 a piece. $4! You're going to waste more than that on your Wendy's meal that will only give you 30 minutes of pleasure and 3 hours of heartburn. Wouldn't you much rather have some fresh flowers to look at for a few days?! I love to just stare at them and examine all their intricate little details.
There really should be no "reason" to buy yourself flowers, other than "just because". I always bring mine home and promptly thank Dirk for the flowers he bought me. Also- on birthdays, anniversaries, valentines, etc... why not wait until the day after when they're all on sale? Dirk once paid $85 for a bouquet of flowers. I almost killed him. They were pretty. But I would much rather have seen him spend $12 on a grocery store bunch!
This is the $85 bouquet...
A good friend of mine had the same love for flowers, as I do. We used to buy them for each other at least once a week. Our poor husbands never had a chance... maybe they liked it that way? Costco and HEB are my favorite places to buy.
5 comments:
I share your same sentiments exactly! I buy myself Costco flowers at least once a month!
Yeah I spent way too much one time. I never did it again.
Very nice pictures of all the flowers. I've seen people even frame pictures like that to put on their walls. Then the nice flower photo has more memories if they were actually YOUR flowers!
Dang 85 bucks! I don't even want to know how much Joe has spent on me! I know though that he's learned to buy cheap flowers at grocery stores & use our vases. Of course I had to inform him of that. Hey if you wanna spread the love you can bring me flowers anytime you'd like... he he.
I absolutly love your flowers... I pick as many wild flowers as I can find...
Post a Comment