Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Educating Hayden

Trying to explain pregnancy and a new baby to a 3 year old has been quite amusing.

Sometimes when Hayden is being curious about my belly, I will talk to him about his new sister that will be joining us soon. I tell him she can hear him, so he can talk to her now and tell her about all the adventures they will have. He gets really close to my belly-button, which is the door to her home, he's decided, and talks to her. Then he puts his ear right up next to my belly and gets a discouraged look on his face. "I can't hear her. She's not talking to me. I don't think she's home."

Hayden likes to give me "belly kisses", which consists of his bare belly against my bare belly. Last night Hayden was comparing my size of belly to his. He noticed mine was much bigger than his, so I asked him why. He says, "because there's lots and lots of chocolate milk in mommy's belly." I ask him if his baby sister is in there too, and he says, "No. Just chocolate milk. Mommy drinks ALL my chocolate milk."

Today, Hayden was bouncing off the walls, as normal, and came up and tried to "goose" my boob. As in, he used his tiny little claw like hands to try and pull my nipple off. (I can say that right? I don't think any boys read my blog!) Oh my goodness it hurt like hell!!! I got mad at him and he ran away crying. Then he came back and we had a talk about how he had to be nice to mommy. He said, "Grabbing booboos doesn't hurt, it tickles!" because apparently it tickles when he and Daddy wrestles. I tried to explain to him that it hurts Mommy, and he has to be nice to Mommy's booboos, because Ginny was going to need them so she could eat her food. (It was a little awkward telling him this, but hey, he's going to see it eventually...). Hayden got a really confused look on his face, then through tears, he perks up and says, "Ginny doesn't need to eat Mommy's booboos. That's disgusting!"


Here is my belly at 30 weeks. Only 10 weeks left. Sorry for the lack of smile... for some reason, again, the one with me not smiling is the one that shows my belly the best.

7 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

hehehe. . .three year old boys. . .hilarious. . .infuriatingly hilarious. . .

Callie said...

Adorable belly! You look amazing!!!

I am glad to hear you are educating Hayden about breastfeeding. My friend hadn't done so with her little boy and he was completely traumatized the first time he saw his little brother eating. He ran down the stairs crying telling his Daddy that "Mr. Drew (his little brother) is eating Mommy!!!). So yes, good for you! :)

Mandie said...

hahaha thank you so much for this post, it totally made my day!

Montana Brandts said...

He is so cute and hilarious! It's weird trying to explain the upcoming events to a 3 year old. Kailey didn't really get it and when she saw me feeding Carson the first time, she FREAKED out and thought he was hurting me. The adjustment will be a little rough at first, but then it will be a breeze! Enjoy your last few weeks with your little man as much as possible! And, you look amazingly cute and tiny for being 30 weeks!

Kelsey said...

Oh Hayden you make me laugh. Enjoy this stage Laura he'll only be this age once! Wish I could be there to enjoy his funny little sayings. Good job on educating a future man. :)

Sam and Kurtis said...

Somehow i missed this post till today. That is halarious. i especially love the part about the chocolate milk. You Look AMAZING for 30 weeks. Do you feel great cuz you look it. Your so tiny compared to when you had hayden. I hope my next one goes the same way.

Laura Neill said...

Thanks Sam- No I don't feel very great... I'm actually quite a big larger than I was the day I delivered Hayden and I still have 2 months left!... she's getting heavy!! It's all just an illusion, because I'm tall! I have the hardest time getting in/out of the car or off the couch or putting my shoes on... and she's actually kicking me and getting uncomfortable up in my ribs, and Hayden never did that!

It's nice to have the illusion, except maybe I don't get as much sympathy for being a rolly-polly whale, and sometimes I think sympathy is one of the best side-effects of pregnancy!! ;)

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews