Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Little Birdie Birthday INSPIRATION

When I first set out to plan Ginny's first birthday party I knew I wanted it to be cute and I knew I wanted to have it incorporate shades of pinks and green. I almost just left it at that. Doing a color themed party is very simple and looks like you spent more time planning it out than you actually need to. Then I decided to add some owls in there, and maybe some birdies... I really wanted it to be mainly owls, however, when I started searching ideas and holiday clearance sections birds were much easier to come by.

My sister sent me a picture of this cake and I was sold! I fell in love with the wood log/disc cake stand! It added the perfect amount of rough natural texture to the sweetness of a little girl's party. The same party featuring the cake also had this cute little branch name sign. I completely copied both of these ideas.

Other inspiration parties I found were the following. I constantly referred back to these photos for ideas.



I have this pattern and was planning on making this pillow for Ginny's room and to use on one of the couches. I never got around to making it, but I still plan to for her room. I even have that same birdie and trees fabric that is used!

It all started with the invitation, then I went from there!
I created the invitation with a pre-made layout from picnik.com, then added some little birdies and branches from some digital art files I have.

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews