
When I saw this cake (pictured above) I really liked it, but wanted it a bit different, so I was so happy when my sister told me it wasn't going to be quite the same because this one is so narrow and tall, but we needed to feed a lot more people so the size had to be different. I also had my sister match the colors to some of my decorations so it would stand out a little more.
My sister Sarah is awesome at cakes and she made this beautiful little cake! There are cute little acorns and a little blue bird on it. When it's placed on top of the wooden cake stand surrounded by owls and squirrels, it made for the perfect "woodland creatures" or "forest friends" cake. So thank you to my amazingly talented sister and cake decorator Sarah, and thank you to my brother Nick for cutting up the wood with his mad chainsaw skills!
I thought the cake was so perfect, it was really hard to cut up!!
My poor sister had a terribly long drive to bring the cake with horrible road conditions, so the two sections slid apart a little, but despite that I think it was perfect!
4 comments:
Wow, that is a serious cake! Amazing! I'd love to see all your decorations too. Happy birthday to Ginny! She's so cute and growing so fast.
That's so fun! I love decorating cakes. I need to have 10 kids so I can make lots of birthday cakes :)
It's darling! Does your sister deliver to TX? lol
awww, shucks! Glad you liked it! Great party too, I loved all the details with the decorations.
Post a Comment