Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day: 27 - Penguin Love


This evening we went to Hayden's preschool for their quarterly "Feed & Read". They serve you free dinner, give the kids a free book, have some crafts, and a local Boy Scouts group takes turns reading stories to the kids. It's a pretty cool thing they have, and we hadn't been yet, so we decided to check it out.
It's always hit and miss when you go to functions at the Head Start (state run preschool for lower income families), because so often it feels like you're in a really bad Walmart-trailer-trash-crazy-old-person-special. I've never understood the idea of "I'm poor so I'm not even going to bother showering or running a comb through my hair before leaving the house". I just don't get it. It seems as if the only "normal" people who have children going to school here are the other poor college student families. It does make for some good entertainment however...

We saw all sorts of amusing and not so amusing things... Like the lady who kept yelling at her daughter to eat her salad before her cake. So the daughter started crying and the mom kept telling her how embarassing she is. Meanwhile, the mom had completely skipped her salad and most of the rest of the dinner and was having each of her kids go back and get another peice of cake for her. Dirk counted 5 peices.

OR the larger mom who's jeans were hanging lower than low rise jeans should be... lower than a plumber's jeans... pretty much comletely off... no underwear whatsoever...

OR the pantless woman's mom (THIS IS MY FAVORITE btw) who kept cooing and talking in cutesy baby voice to Ginny saying, "Look how SEXY your boots are! They're just so SEXY!" Really? She's one! Why would you even think anything a one year old is wearing is sexy????\

Aaaahhhh... but good things did come of this night. I had a great chat with Hayden's teacher who is such a wonderful person. Hayden chose a book which I had been planning to order for his book order, so it saved me money (Five Little Monkeys), and he LOVED making these penguins!
He made each one slightly different with different eyes for each of us. When we got home he wanted to hang them all up in our rooms. So Dirk's went by his bed, Ginny's went in her room, Hayden's above his bed, and mine..... went in the bathroom? I really don't spend that much time in there! Being a stay at home mom there are more days than not that I stay in my sweats, don't even run a comb through my hair, and never even think about makeup! (wow that just sounded bad!!) Oh well... I guess the bathroom is my room to him. Either way, they're super cute. I love penguins!

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews