Pages

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pay It Forward

I just received a blog comment on my Sweet Memorial Day Message post. The comment was from a stranger Kecia. She commented she found my blog because Emily S. wrote about it. I thought, well that's funny, I don't know an Emily S. I must dig around and see who she is. Aha! Kecia is friends with Emily S. who had a neat experience with kind people. She remembered her friend Kelsey, who is also my friend, blogging about my Memorial Day note.

So, I know that is a little confusing and may not be interesting, but it is to me. Because when I found this note on my car, I thought of Bethany's blog about the kindness of random people. Her blog is really what inspired me to write mine. Now I'm seeing a chain reaction here.

Bethany-Me-Kelsey-Emily S. - Kecia leaving me a nice little note - hopefully YOU recognizing and blogging about kindness of others~

I love reading about other people's run-ins with random kindness. There are so many people in the world today, caught up in their own business. Rarely do you see a complete stranger taking the time to make someone else's day. When you do witness this, it's like a breath of fresh air. There ARE kind, caring, and selfless people out there!

I really do hope that at some point I have been that caring stranger who someone noticed. I'm not sure if I have. I know I've tried once in a while, but probably not enough. I'm not sure... probably because people who do these kind things don't care for recognition, so why would they remember even doing it?

Well those are my jumbled up thoughts for the moment. I'm pretty sure I had structured this post better in my mind. I'm really just trying to kill time as I wait ever so impatiently to go to the airport.

I'm flying home to Montana today! Wish me luck and pray that Hayden SLEEPS on the plane. I hate afternoon flights. I'm an afternoon person for everything EXCEPT travel. I'd rather wake up at 3am to do my traveling, and just get it over with. This is Hayden's last free flight ever! How sad. After this trip he'll turn 2 and I'll have to start paying for a second ticket. What's great about that is extra luggage and a guarantee seat for him! I just fit 6 weeks worth of junk for 2 people into 1 giant duffel bag. I HATE the new luggage restrictions!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Kecia's mom and she sentg me to your site because you are married to a "Dirk" who is on active duty right now and my son Dirk is on active duty in Afghanistan. Dirk and Da have two darling boys ... and we are also LDS...as I scrolled down thru your fun posts it amazed me how similar families can be. Kecia and her twin brother Kelly were born in Killeen Texas while we were stationed at Ft Hood years ago! Kecia and Kelly and Dirk and biggest brother Shawn all served missions. My #5 child is married to a sweet guy from Montana!! Small world! Have a good one and keep up your fun blog!

Callie said...

I too hate the new luggage rules!!! I have to fit 6 weeks of stuff for two people into one bag as well! Ugh. Fortunately, Kaden's clothes are a bit smaller than Hayden's! Here's to a nice flight. I'm so jealous. I wish we were leaving now too! Oh well, only two more week til we are in MT too! See you soon.

Montana Brandts said...

Hey!
I just got your comment on my blog! Sorry, we have been out of town! We will most definetly be back in Utah on those dates! We are leaving for Montana tomorrow the 5th and we will be back Monday the 9th! So we will be here on the rest of the month! It would be so fun to see you! I will e-mail you my phone number so you can call me when you're here and we can arrange to meet somewhere! I am so excited! Good luck on the plane! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

well that is very intersting. And so is the top post. I'm glad you got there safetly, have lots of fun while you are there and I will talk to you tonight.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews