Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Aspen Tree

There is a beautiful and winding drive just north of Provo, UT, called Alpine Loop. It connects you from one end of the mountain to another. At the peak of the drive is a huge grove of aspen trees. It has been tradition for years and years for young BYU or Utah Valley lovers to go put their mark on mother nature. Dirk and I thought it was kind of silly, but it did look really amazing with hundreds of trees growing and aging with these carvings, so why not help speed up the process of this beautiful tree to die? I felt a little guilty while doing it, but not so much any more. I'm actually really surprised I found it so quickly and easily! It was only about a 3 minute walk down the trail to the tree... which ended up being about 10 minutes with Hayden and my nephews. Hayden loved running wild up in the mountains and wildflowers.

4 comments:

Samantha Fife said...

That is so adorable! I am so proud of you for doing so much even though Dirk is away, you're great!

Anonymous said...

You found it! That is so cool.

Kelsey said...

I don't know why but I kinda got emotional when I saw the pic of it. I'm not even one of those names! That is so fun that you found it & so quickly too.

Bethany said...

Ohhhhh!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews