I put a few decorations out a week or so ago, but I mostly left everything else in boxes. Since we'll be in Arizona for Christmas and the surrounding 2.5 weeks, we decided not to fully deck our halls, and not put a tree up. Well, here it is, the 2nd of December, and I just couldn't take that any longer. It just didn't feel like Christmas. I'm really sad I didn't put it up a week ago, because it makes such a huge difference! I still have quite a few more things to hang, and lights to fix, but it already feels so cozy in here!
Hayden helped me put all the ornaments on the tree. He was a very good helper. He got so excited when I turned the lights on. He jumped up and down yelling "Christmas tree, Christmas tree!" He continued to run around in excited circles in front for the tree for the next 30 minutes. He ended his little celebration of the tree, yelling, "Happy Birthday!" (We taught him Christmas is about Jesus's birthday)
Hayden's room is all decked out with lights, his own mini tree, and a very fitting sign for the little monster. Since we don't Have any snow, we made some snowmen in Hayden's room. As I was sprinkling the snow, Hayden grabbed some chalk and created a white-out blizzard.
5 comments:
Ahhh...how wonderful! I can't wait to get my tree and decor up. Our tree is going to look even more like Charlie Brown's in this giant living room, but I don't care! I love Christmas!
Are you going to be coming to/through Tucson? I would love to catch up with you...if you have the time.
I love christmas! I can't wait to get my tree and decor up either, but I have to wait till this weekend when we can go chop one down ;) and we let the kids each pick out a little tree to decorate themselves, I've found that it helps with the ornaments staying on our own tree! and we FINALLY got snow here! its about time
YEA!! You got a tree!! It's just not christmas without a tree, huh? I remember the year after we had Kailey we went down to Utah for christmas so we opted out on getting a tree, and now I wish we had because it we were living in our first purchased home, which we only lived in a year and had a new baby!! It would have been so much fun!! Oh, well!! I am glad to see that you didn't wimp out!!
Wait, you're going to be in Arizona? Isn't your husband from Pinetop-Lakeside area? Is that where you're going? Because guess where I am going for Christmas? Pinetop! I'm going to be at my sister's there for a week!
Since I usually do most of the decorating, our decorations will be pretty light this year. But that's made up for by the fact that our tree is HUGE. I love getting the tree up. It just makes the whole house cozier and happier:)
Post a Comment