Hayden and Aunt Paula
Yesterday we met up with my brother, Donovan and his girlfriend Melissa. We walked around Mill Avenue near ASU and have fun catching up on things. Then we drove up to Peoria to stay the night with my Grandma Wilson and her tiny little dog, Lucy.
We watched a pretty sunset
Hayden quickly learned these were "big owies"
We had fun watching the wild bunnies and quails run through Grandma's yard in the evening and morning.
We picked fresh tangerines and oranges. The tangerine tree was full and ripe. I wish I could capture the scent of it in a photograph. Standing underneath it was so sweet and refreshing. I loved it. Hayden thought picking the fruit off the trees was really neat. It occurred to me, this is the first time he's really seen fruit on a tree before... what a random thing we're so used to, but Hayden thought was just amazing.
Hayden liked the orange tree so much he decided to climb it. He's never attempted to climb a tree before, and the few trees I've put him in, he's absolutely hated and cried. I was very proud of him as he climbed the tree today. We're big tree climbers in our family and this felt like such a big milestone ;)


2 comments:
WOW--it looks like your holidays have been supe full of family and fun--that is so cool! Love the orange tree climbing and all your other pics. Those pics from the camera phone--I would have never guessed!
Did you take the pic of the quail? It looks really neat, almost animated. When do you guys come back again? I just remembered it was after us but I wasn't sure what day.
Post a Comment