While looking for ideas at Hobby Lobby this week, I found this foil iron on, made for fabric. I instantly remembered something I'd seen in a catalog with a very similar look, for $30. Inspiration struck, and I grabbed a few of these. They cost $3.99 each. Instead of ironing onto fabric, I chose some heavy white cardstock paper. It worked perfectly! Then I glued that to some pretty, subtly-sparkly paper from Michaels $.99, and put it all in a $3 frame from Walmart. The total price was $8!! It turned out so great, I think I'm going back tomorrow to see if I can pick up a few more. They also had some Santa Claus and a few other assorted foil iron-ons. I liked the "O Holy Night" the best!
If you want to give this a try for a quick, easy, painless home-made gift or decor for your own home, go here to see if you have a Hobby Lobby near you. If you sign up for their emails, you can get a 40% off coupon and make this even cheaper! Also, Michaels regularly has their pretty scrapbook paper on sale- they just didn't when I went in, so I paid full price.
Here's a close up of the sparkly paper and foil detail. The foil has some texture to it. I'm not sure if this was because I didn't use fabric or if it supposed to be this way, but I like it. Also, this is an 8x10 frame. The only downside is, the foil is a wierd size, so it's just barely too big for a 5x7.
2 comments:
That is awesome! I love fun, cute and inexpensive projects!! I love it I think it turned out way cute! I want to make some for our house... other than the christmas tree, stockings, a wreath and a hohoho sign I have no other christmas decorations! I would love to add more, but everything is so expensive! I am so glad you shared this so I can add something without it costing me a fortune!! Your awesome!!
You are the kind of person I want to be when I grow up!! You are the CREATOR of fabulous crafts and things. I am currently only a great COPIER of ideas. I am just a grasshopper oh mighty sensei!
What a beautiful idea!!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Post a Comment