Pages

Friday, December 19, 2008

I'll be Home for Christmas

We're on our way to Dirk's home, hanging out in a hotel in New Mexico until the morning. We didn't want to drive up to the mountains at night time, with all that snow. It's been a few years since we've taken long drives in weather like that, and we're definitely out of practice. Hayden was an awesome traveler today, thanks to the portable DVD player we got a few months ago. I think we watched "Cars" and "Alvin and the Chipmunks" each about three times today! I was thinking how we didn't have the luxury of dvd's in the car while growing up. We were told to entertain ourselves by looking out the window. I didn't feel too bad taking away that opportunity from our child. Driving 8 hours through western Texas is not the most exciting thing to look at...

...Until you get to El Paso...that's a whole lot of exciting, in all the wrong ways. I pray that I'll never have to move to that city...it's quite yucky. I'll have to take some pictures on the drive home. It's like driving through a third world country...or at least what I imagine it'd be like.

When we got bored with the dvd's we got creative with some pipe cleaners and made all sorts of things. I think I spent an hour making this sad looking tractor. Then I must have been really bored because of the pictures I took with the tractor. Hayden thought it was the coolest thing ever...for about 5 minutes.

Dirk wanted to drive the tractor
Hayden likes to tell us when things are "Just Perfect"... which this magna-doodle art definitely is!
Hayden is pretty good at getting creative in the car.

2 comments:

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

oh those dvd players are life savers aren't they? and Kieona has a Leapster which is great too and she learns her letters and number at the same time......zaiden is usually a pretty happy camper for the most part but a dinosaur never hurts either ;)

Hamlie said...

I think you may have found a new job for Dirk, he looks great in that tractor of yours!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews