Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy Days

I went 3 posts without any pictures. It doesn't get any more boring than that! Dirk says I'm obsessed with pictures. Gee, I wonder how long it took him to figure that out? He came to the conclusion while trying to de-clog our computer, and talked me into deleting some... since my photos folder was taking up a rather large percentage of our hard drive. It was a sad sad evening when I deleted over 5,000 photos and didn't even make a dent. Don't worry, I didn't get rid of the good ones, and all of them are backed up to my external drive.
Anyway- Hayden's been busy these days.

We got the idea to make some quick pizzas from my friend on the Ultimate Recipes blog. I decided it was time to let Hayden help out in the kitchen. He had soooo much fun standing on the chair and helping me push the dough around to the right shape and size. He had a bit more fun eating the rest of the ingredients, after I'd put them on. It was great to see him enjoying his fruits of his labor.


This week Hayden got into the project box and found some play dough. He'd never played with it before, so I thought we'd give it a try. I think I'm going to regret this day forever. He loved it! However, it is less messy than painting, which he's always begging for, so I suppose it wasn't too bad. I'm just waiting for all those play dough horror stories I've heard about to come true.


And last but not least, Hayden has a bit of an obsession. I blame it on his OCD daddy. Lines and stacks. He can't get enough. But they have to be PERFECT. One item out of place and he is screaming fits of frustration. Dirk thinks it's hilarious to move that one item and provoke the frustrations. Here are some pics of Hayden's latest. If it was just one or two pics, you probably wouldn't think anything of it... however, he does with everything he plays with, every day, all day long.

This stack that is way taller then him, had to be completed by me, just perfectly, in order to get him to stop freaking out.

4 comments:

Callie said...

Wow, the lines crack me up. I am sure there is some developmental reason for it. So...instead of thinking your child is OCD, let's just say he is developmentally gifted. :)

I have a great recipe for playdough, somewhere. If you are interested let me know. The only thing is it tastes really salty...so he might try to eat it. It is cheap and easy to make, though.

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Don't worry about hayden having ocd! pretty much every kid I have ever babysat(which is tons!) plus my own have put everything in lines and stacks....last night while i was trying to unpack stuff from the weekend zaiden lined up all 5 zillion of his farm animals from his bedroom down the hall into the living room and looped through the kitchen!

Hopeful in Washington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha Fife said...

It was me who deleted the other comment......Sorry!
I have a recipie for edible playdough if you want it, it's really fun! I love the kitchen pictures - they are adorable!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews