Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Dreamin' Pink

I have a confession to make. I've already bought a few little girl items! Okay, I don't actually know if I'm having a girl or a boy, but Dirk and I have a tradition (as in we did it once, so we decided to do it again), of going shopping for one special little item for the baby to be, immediately after we find out I'm prego. Hayden got some cute little giraffe sock/bootie things... they looked so cute in their special little box they came in, and sat on my bedside table next to those blasted prenatal pills, to remind me why I was taking them.

So, this being a special shopping trip, we hopped in the car and drove the 5 extra miles to Target, during Friday rush hour traffic. I immediately gravitated to all the cute little boy stuff. They do seem to have more of it now that I'm not looking for it. My mind just wouldn't let me wander to the little girl pinks and bows and ruffles and patterns. I did not want to get my hopes up again. We all know how that went last time when I found out I was having a boy... or maybe just those closest to me know, and the ultrasound tech whom I almost yelled at, but then just cried at instead. Anyway, I cried and cried for two days strait. I now LOVE my little boy and all his boyishness (as if you couldn't tell from my blog). And I wouldn't even mind if I had another little boy, so the two little boys could get dirty and into trouble together (I know, now I'm asking for it)... but oh how I would LOVE to have a little girl.

Anyway, I'm diverting... back to the special shopping trip. So as I'm wandering through the cute boy things, Dirk comes up to me and says, "we're having a girl, why are you looking at all this stuff?" Huh? Since when is he psychic??? Well, he kindly informs me that he always knew Hayden would be a boy, and he was right, wasn't he? So there you have it. Dirk says we're having a girl. I still think we're having a boy.

Regardless.... These little shoes were only $5 and Dirk made me buy them, after wiping my drool off them.



And then we went to Old Navy and found this onsie for $2 and the dress for $3. The onsie says "Tweet me nice" and the dress is my favorite find of the day! Just look at the details of the trim! And the print! And the puffy little butt cover!! They don't make little boy clothes this cute, no matter where you shop!




Okay, I swear, I'm not getting my hopes up. Like I said, I think we're having a boy. But, I suppose we still have about 15 more weeks before we'll find out. Until then, I'll try not to drool on these tiny little girl pieces too much!

oh- and I also got this "Hooter Hiders" nursing cover... yes, that's really what it's called, in case you've never heard of them. I wish I had known about them with Hayden. It's much easier and more attractive then trying to adjust baby blankets to hide your hooters while nursing. Anyway- they run for $35-40... I got mine "as is" for $7..... I opened the package and looked at it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. What a steal! I was just planning on making one, which would probably cost me $5, and I probably still will do, with using this one as a guide.

Alright, now I'm done. Now go to the right side of my blog and vote on what you think I'm having! grrrrr... the poll isn't working correctly! It keeps moving everything to the bottom of my page. Stay tuned....

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Lets hope the Chinese pregancy calendar is wrong again & Dirk is right again! I agree... think pink!

Montana Brandts said...

I love all your "findings!" All of the girl things are SO cute, I love the little shoes! When I was prego with Kailey I wouldn't even hear it when people said I was having a GIRL!!! I wanted a boy so bad, I don't know why! So, I too said WHAT, ARE YOU SURE? to the ultra-sound tech!!! So, I have this theory whatever you want, you will get the opposite! So, think BOY, and I know you will get a girl!!! Zack too always tried to tell me don't get your hopes up it will probably be a girl, but I wouldn't hear it! Girls are way fun and I wouldn't trade Kailey for anything, but I would like to have a boy, I think they would be fun too! Lets hope Dirk's radar is right on this time too, I think guys are always in tune with our bodies even more than we are sometimes, so I bet he is right on!!!

Allison said...

What a fun tradition! Where did you find your cover for so cheap? I thought that would be a great find for a gift or to start making my own for gifts! let me know your secrets or post your pattern when you make one more!!... and I vote a girl too... those shoes are adorable!

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

=) When I was preggo with zaiders I knew immediately when I had conceived (weird) and I knew that it was a boy right away too....this time I have the feeling mine is a girl too =) but we shall see if my motherly intuition is correct at the end of the month! So I think you're gonna have a girl this time too! What a great deal on that hooter hider too! I needed one last time and just didn't justify at the time that much money....I think this time I am just gonna have my mom make me one =)

Callie said...

I have a nursing cover and I love it!!! It is the most wonderful invention ever! Kaden likes to grab ahold of things...so a blanket was tough to try to use! He would pull it right off!

I knew right away that we were having a boy too. Not sure how I knew, I just did! It was tough waiting for the u/s to know for sure though! Hang in there. It'll go by quickly!

Rebecca Susan said...

Maybe Dirk is psychic. Girls are fun and those shoes are just too cool to have to wait to use, I love them! I like the nursing cover. I just got really good at keeping my shirt low and using the baby to cover the rest of me. Dylan was not one for leaving a blanket over his head!

Amelia said...

Wow, I need to keep up on your blog... Congrats lady :)... It's funny, I wanted a boy... and I was kind of disappointed when I found out I was having a girl.. but I think it most definatly ends up being what you dont want it to.

The Cooking Schaack said...

Congrats!!! They really have the cutest little girl things. If Dirk is right you little girl will be a doll. Hayden is such a little cutie. I hope all is going well for you. When are you due? and where did you find the "Hooter Hiders" for so cheap.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews