Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

I can't wait for Fall

There are many many reasons why I can't wait for fall.

The top of my list today is LOWER UTILITY BILLS!! I just got my water bill and my electric bill, and oh my goodness, I think I'm going to have a heart attack!!

My water increased by $25 so it's now $53... and the big scary one... my electric went up $45 (again), which makes it the first time it's ever passed the $200 mark... it's now $212! Yes, I owe over two hundred dollars on my electric bill in one month!! Now, for all you living in Utah county (ahem, sister who complains of a $30 monthly bill) with your insainly cheap electric bills, doesn't that make you feel a little better?

So my utilities just went up $75, yet my husband has no increase in income. Thank goodness gas prices are going down. How do people survive?!

grrrr... thanks for listening to my frustrations!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

275. Our last electric bill in Texas (and we lived in a 1000 sq. foot apartment). Vomit.

Sorry about the miscarriage my dear. That must have been no fun... to say the least.

Hamlie said...

Your electric bill is probably what I pay altogether...I'm sorry. You should get one of those windmills and set it up in your backyard and if it's not windy enough, you could set up a merry-go-round for Hayden to play with and as he goes round and round, he generates electricity. If he makes enough, you could sell some back to the electric company :)

Oh,I can't wait until fall because my wardrobe doubles in size and the week we're the same age.

Samantha Fife said...

if it makes you feel any better..... we paid over 300.00 in Seattle for two months in a row! I am hoping the midwest is much cheaper.

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Yikes Laura! I feel for you! While living in bozeman our electric/gas bill was $350/month!

Now that we live in our house we have a wells so thats super nice AND its an artesian wells so the pump rarely turns on, so luckily our electric bill has been $50/month With our a/c going full blast mostof the time

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews