Well, we tried anyway. I thought I had lots of ambition yesterday... or maybe it was the day before... We went and bought an Elmo potty, which Hayden was just ecstatic about. We had Hayden go without a diaper for a few hours, only wearing his swimsuit, or big boy underwear. He LOVED sitting on the potty- much like he loves everything else he tries. He sat on the potty multiple times for about 10-30 minutes each time. Then he would get real scared and jump off. I thought maybe his bum was going numb because he'd been on there so long. But each time he jumped off the potty, within 30 seconds he was making puddles on the floor and pointing to his potty.
Honestly, I don't have the patience for this right now. I know it's going to take time, but I also know he needs to be good and ready. I really wasn't sure how ready he was, but I thought we'd give it a try. I got a little sad watching my little baby sitting on the potty and reaching for toilet paper to pretend to wipe. Maybe I'm not ready but he is?? He's not even 2 until next week- and there's still no second baby on the way, so I think I can handle diapers a bit longer!
As for the garden.... Yes, I know it's a little late. I'm aware that most people are already reaping the rewards from their gardens. However- there is no way my garden was going to last 6 weeks all alone without me. I had decided I was just not going to do one this year, even though I really really really wanted one. I couldn't handle it any longer, went to Lowes and bought out the last of their starter vegetable plants, which wasn't much... I got 4 green bell pepper plants, 2 red bell peppers, and 4 tomatoes. That ought to be perfect for making some chili sauce in the fall! They are pretty pathetic looking plants, but I thought I'd give them a chance anyway!
Hayden helped me (sans diaper) dig up the dirt, and brought me the plants when I was ready for them. Then he helped me water ME! He came up behind me with the hose I'd left running to fill up his swimming pool, and soaked me! He thought it was hilarious. He was laughing and giggling so much he could hardly stand up strait. Then as I turned to get out of the way, he drenched my face! I guess I had it coming with all those times I've surprised him with the hose!
I'm excited for those fresh tomatoes!!!!
4 comments:
Cute new layout. Hayden looks like a little boy sitting there on the potty. He is definetly not a baby anymore! I hope you're garden grows! You know I would have killed it if you'd asked me to watch it for ya while you were gone so it's a good thing you didn't plant it any sooner.
Good for you! I want a garden, but I don't have any dirt. One of the peoples in the complex did turn half of their porch into a planter box, that would be nice if only my porch got some sun.
Best of luck with the potty training! I think I tried to force kieona into it too early and then stubborn as she is refused to go potty! Finally she decided she was ready one day, came downstairs with her panties on and went potty from there on by herself(i think it just needed to be her idea). I also wanted a garden badly this summer! I love gardening, it a great de-stresser (if thats a word?!), unfortunately with all the home improvements and other things going on I just haven't had time, next year for sure....I hope!
Potty training sucks. I mean, its great once its all over. But it sucks. I figure as long as the kid doesn't go to kindergarten in diapers, I just don't care anymore. LOL. Good luck with your garden!
Post a Comment