Have you ever had an appointment that was at such an inconvenient time, you had to schedule two days worth of things around it?? And then you go to your appointement, only to find out you went the WRONG day?? Yep, that's what I did today! Grrrrr... I really needed to mow the lawn, do the laundry, and clean the bathrooms today. But I thought had an appointment at 1:30. Which doesn't seem like a bad time, except, I have to share a car with Dirk. Which means I had to drive him back to work after lunch and take the car. On days that we do a car switch, Hayden doesn't get a nap until late. Because of this he's awfully cranky and whiney. So, I didn't start the laundry, because knowing me, I'd forget all about it when I went to my appointment, and it would get moldy (our machines are in the garage where it gets hot). So I put ALL my chores off, took a shower while Dirk was home, got all cleaned up, planning to do my chores tomorrow. When I got to my appointment, the secretary couldn't find my file. I asked what day it was, knowing my appointment was on the 8th... well, guess what- today's the 7th! I felt really stupid, as she tried to see if she could sqeeze me in, but with no luck, I was turned away.
So, I went home, put Hayden down for nap, and got out the lawn mower. This brings me to my second annoyance of the day. I didn't want to mow the lawn in the afternoon. I was planning on doing it tomorrow, but I have an appointment tomorrow! Because I have to mow while Hayden is napping (he's scared of it), I can't do it before my appointment. So, I pull out the mower and quickly start dripping sweat off the extra pounds I've been trying to get rid of (ha ha, I wish). It is sooo HOT out!! I've gotten 3 or 4 comments from friends in the last few days, saying they wished it was warm there, or they wish they could wear shorts and a t-shirt like I can right now. Sure, the weather is beautiful right now. It was a bit warm today- 88* when I was mowing. But overall it's been nice. A bit humid on most days, but nothing like we're going to see in a few months. The comments people keep posting make me laugh! I know you're all dying to get rid of winter and say hello to spring- but at least you have winter and spring!!! It's already summer hear. In fact, it's been in the 80's for a couple months now! It's only going to get hotter and stickier. I never had fall, and winter wasn't even close to showing it's face this year. Just summer... summer... and maybe a day or two of spring weather, but NEVER the pretty spring buds and flowers and freshness. So, for all you who are wishing you could wear shorts and a t-shirt right now, or who are longing for my beautiful south Texas weather- I'd love to trade you!! I'm sure you'd love to be out mowing your lawn on New Years Day, like I did this year. Sure, summer sounds nice, but after a while (ie: 3 years strait, with only a coldish day here or there) you start to get really, really tired of it!
That was my day in a nutshell. Not too exciting. But I was really irritated about the dr. appointment thing! Isn't that why I bought my nifty little PDA for my birthday? So I could keep track of things? HA! Well, As I'm writing this, I realize my laundry is sitting in the washer, probably growing mold already- it's about 100 degrees in my garage- so I'd better go switch them over to the dryer.
p.s. I just found a great work out today- Put in an old 'Smashmouth' CD, watch Hayden dance around the living room like a crazy kid, and run in place, do jumping jacks, stairs, whatever, while he attempts to copy mom. We did that for the whole CD. I was totally out of breath and tired by the time we were done. Hayden loved it, and wanted to keep going. He's such a funny kid.
4 comments:
.....eat a pint of ice cream...... it will cool you off and make you feel better! Sorry you had a rough day, tomorrow will be better because all yoru chores are done now! I was JUST complaining to my mom this morning about the gray, rainy washington weather. Maybe there is a way we can switch for a week.
I want to move to Washington! I'd welcome a few years of gray, rainy weather. Maybe I'll get my wish and be your neighbor some day? We're hoping for Ft. Lewis next year.
It is getting hot here too! Although, it is at least a dry heat here! I'm sorry you had such an icky day! I do stuff like that all the time! I have to write everything down right now otherwise I'll forget or get it mixed up. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
I was weeding my backyard today and was sweating like a pig! I've never had sweat drip off my nose before! I couldn't believe how hot it was. So I was right there with ya. Sorry about the apt. that stinks. If you moved to Ft. Lewis you probably wouldn't be able to afford a house! It's overpriced there! You would have cool summers but rainy & cloudy most days. Can't say I like it there better than here. Although it is nice to be close to Seattle and fun things to do- even though we hardly did.
Post a Comment