Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Visit From Julie


Our friend, Julie, came to visit this week. For those of you who don't know who she is, she's Laura's old college roommate and a close enough good friend to Dirk that he calls her his little sister. So of course we had TONS of fun while she was here! This is the first time she's met Hayden, and he naturally took to her and loved her more than Mommy this week! He really had fun snuggling with her and giving her hugs and kisses. He's such a sweet boy.

Our first day, we went to the Witte Museum of Science. This is where we went to the 'Our Body' exhibit. We were so busy all week, I haven't had much time to update since then. The museum was more than just the amazing exhibit. It was a really fun science museum, that had some great areas for kids. Dirk, Julie, and I took over the Science Tree House and played while the poor little onlooker children hoped they'd be as cool as us when they got bigger.

We stepped on this scale to see just how much we weighed. Hayden didn't even register. If you want to know how heavy I am, just take a look! It would take me 3,424 pounds of beef a year to keep up this body! It was pretty dark here, and I couldn't use my flash, so the pictures fuzzy. But still fun!





Hayden had tons of fun playing in the 'Water Works' area. He desperately tried to catch a fish and go swimming, but he was unsuccessful.


The 'Air Currents & Pressure' station was a lot of fun. There was a ball floating in mid air, just from the strong current underneath. You could move the current around and control it. It was really neat. Hayden thought it was great, and of course wanted the beach ball for himself!


I fell for the good ol' trick of looking down a big blue cylinder, and asking "what is this?" Julie sneakily says, "oh, I know what this is!" and POOF! It was fun, so we played around for a bit.


Pulling ourselves up on various pulley systems. It was harder than it looks!





This is getting really long, so I'll stop here. We had a lot of fun this week. Julie and I went shopping at the San Marcos outlet malls, which are HUGE. We had a lot of fun hanging out, watching movies, relaxing, and trying to catch a sneaky little mouse that has been wandering our house for about a month. We went to Sea World on Friday. I'll have to make a whole new post for that. WAY too many pictures!! All in all we had a very exhausting but fun week! Now that Julie's gone, I might actually make it to bed at a decent hour!

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews