Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Did I mention Hayden LOVES shoes?


Hayden just barely hit the 25 pound mark. Sounds pretty good, until you realize he was 20 pounds at 6 months. He's gotten a lot taller since then, but still measures in the average range. So where have all the peanut butter, avacodos, and millions of raisins been going? His head size is in the 95% (as opposed to his 20% weight). I thought it was all in his head. Until he grew out of his size 5 church shoes.


Dress shoes for little boys, that aren't mini patent leather tux shoes, seem to be really hard to come by down here. I searched everwhere, and finally found some cute, dressy, leather sandals. I figure, it's summer time, he can wear them. I put them on him and they hardly fit! I bought the next size bigger- a 6... oh well, maybe they run small. I made him wear them anyway. This was a couple weeks ago. Sunday, we put them on him, with his big toe hanging a little over the edge. He was walking through the hallway in church and started walking funny and complained, "shoe... owiee". So I took them off and let him go barefoot the rest of the day.


This week, I've looked in every store, again, for some decent dress shoes. How difficult is it to make semi casual dress shoes for a little boy that don't cost $50?? Am I asking for too much? The only shoes he currently has to choose from for church attire are: 1. batman Crocs 2. lion rain boots or 3. beach/water shoes........ I'm just picturing him next week all dressed up from head to knee... with his bright yellow and black Crocs on his feet!


We went to Penny's today to pick up a few things for Dirk, and found some little boy shoes that are not as semi-casual as I'd like, but they're not patent leather, either. I chose a size 7 (after all, it's only been 4 weeks since he grew out of the size 5). I couldn't even get the size 7 on. I tried a size 8. After much squirming and pushing, I got the 8's on, but they definitely were way too small.


Could this kid seriously have a size 9 foot??? He's not even 2 yrs old yet?! I asked the lady to bring us the toddler foot measuring device, which Hayden thought was quite funny. He measured a perfect 8. Phew... the shoes just run small. Still, he needed some that fit, so I bought the 9's.


Somehow in about 4 weeks, this kid completely skipped sizes 6 and 7. He is a size 8. I have no idea where he get's his huge feet. Afterall, mine are a petite size 10. Sheesh... now I know where all the peanut butter is going!


Did I mention Hayden loves shoes?! He was like a kid in a candy store..."shoe! shoe! shoe! shoe!" It was quite exciting. He couldn't wait to try them all on.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously this kid has ginormous feet! Special order shoes are in the future.

Samantha Fife said...

Michaela is a size five and she just turned a year old...... and she weighs 24 lbs! BIG GIRL!

...Laura... said...

Big girl, indeed! It's okay, she'll grow into it :) Hayden was a 5 ever since around 1yr... he didn't grow much for a LONG time. I was starting to worry about him there.. he's still super skinny, though, like ribs showing skinny! I feel like I'm depriving him or something!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews