Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumkin Farms

After spending two days in a row at local pumpkin patches, I've decided I want my very own pumpkin farm when I grow up. But I don't want to start it from scratch. I want one of those 100yr old farms with all the cool old stuff. So basically, when we get rich, I'm buying myself a pumpkin farm so I can give hay rides and watch all the kids go nuts over picking out their own pumpkin. Add in a corn maze and a beautiful vegetable garden and herb garden and of course a flower picking garden, and I'm good. Chickens will need to be there as well as a 100yr old barn. Oh yeah- and all the employees will already be established, so I don't have to do the hard labor... I'll just focus on the vegi garden and flowers and the workers can do the rest. That's not too much to ask, is it?


Yesterday I was lucky enough to go on a field trip with Hayden's Kindergarten class. We rode on a school bus which I swear was much smaller than the ones I grew up riding. My knees were jammed in to the back of the seat in front of me, and I couldn't walk down the aisle without bumping every single seat with my hips. My head almost touched the ceiling! The pumpkin farm was beautiful. This particular farm was so old and had the most perfect pumpkins. Their vegetable, herb, and flower gardens were gorgeous as were the eggs in the chicken coop.
I didn't take pictures on the field trip, but this is the pumpkin Hayden chose. Daddy helped him carve it when we got home.

Today we went to a different pumpkin patch for a birthday party for a little girl from church. This farm had the most crazy looking pumpkins and gourds! They had so many different varieties of pumpkins! I wish I had taken more pictures of them, but of course, I was busy with two cranky kids. I had to bring a few of those funny looking pumpkins home. Ginny especially loved the bumpy ones.




Ginny and Haylea (the birthday girl) checking out all the neat squash

Hayden thought this stack of pumpkins was pretty awesome!

The girls weren't quite sure what to think of this one.


Hayden and Holly being goofy

The kids looking at some bugs


1 comment:

Sally said...

I have the same dream of owning a pumpkin patch! Josh and I have talked about it often and about how cool it would be, however we haven't ever successfully grown a pumpkin in MT. When we finally get out of the hospital after this stay, one of my top priorities is to get my girls to a real pumpkin patch here in Utah.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews