So we are having a boring and lazy Halloween year. The first almost 3 months here in Oregon have been busy, stressful, chaotic, and a bit lazy all mashed together. It's really hard to feel motivated to get going for the holidays when we don't have strong family schedule yet. Dirk only goes to school two days a week and Hayden is only gone for two and a half hours each day. That leaves a lot of spare time when we are ALL home together... and I get NOTHING accomplished when we're all together. Thankfully Dirk just got a job... Did I ever tell you that yet? DIRK GOT A JOB! YIPEE!! So hopefully I'll finally find some motivation once he gets started this week. Anyway... No time, motivation, money, and no craft room to make costumes or decorations this year. I made the mistake of letting Hayden browse the costumes at Target as soon as they were put out a month and a half ago. I really shouldn't let him do that, as it leave absolutely no creativity and imagination for him to decide what he wants to be. Naturally, he fell in love with both Captain America and Thor and couldn't decide, so I bought them both (I know how FAST those things sell out in the right size) and let him pick one and returned the other later. He decided to be Thor. Of course a day or two before Halloween when he starts seeing and hearing about other costumes he's changed his mind 5 times and wants to be some sort of skeleton/vampire/Thor combo...
We had no idea what Ginny would be. I definitely was not motivated to do a family theme this year. When we asked her what she should be for Halloween she roared at us. When she saw any Halloween decorations she roared at them. Pretty much whenever she feels like it she roars. So we figured something that roars would be perfect as she'll have no problem being in character. I found a cute little monster costume that looks a bit like it came from Monsters' Inc., but it is just a generic one. We decided to girly it up so people could tell she was a girl under all that blue fur. She performed well and roared all night long. Whenever the hat would fall over her eyes she would say "boo!"
Dirk and I just used our same outfits I made last year. He was a dark Jedi and I did the poisoned Snow White.
![]() |
| Dirk's full costume from last year |
| my full costume from last year |
It feels really strange that I haven't hand made a single item for Halloween this year, but at the same time it's been a bit relaxing. I've been able to focus on other things that are more important, and the kids both got costumes that may not have been unique, but they still love them and look cute in them, so that's all that matters.
| This photo makes me giggle... Hayden has no idea what to do while his sister is freaking out. Love it! |


No comments:
Post a Comment