Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Healthy Kick- What's the Point??

Okay- I started this little healthy lifestyle back in February.
If you'll notice at the end of this post, I weighed myself at 194.
I'm still to this day weighing in at 192-194.
REALLY?!
I've been exercising more in the last 1 1/2 months than I'd ever exercised in the last 5 yrs.
I've been eating WAY healthier than I've ever eaten in my life.
I've also been breastfeeding, which supposedly helps as well.
What the heck have I been doing wrong?!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Ahh I so feel your pain!!!

I remember talking with my midwife after I had Azia & being disturbed by all those same issues and it all made perfect sense to her since pregnancy just really alters your metabolism. (For some women it seems to increase it--why couldn't I have been one of those?) And then you add on all those other annoying things like after early 20s it begins to slow down anyway and it being a little harder to eat well and exercise regularly with each new kid. I've never been lucky enough to be in shape (or look okay) without paying close attention to exercise & diet, but even now when I do it's much, much less effective than it used to be. I like that it's easier to make in through intense workouts than it was a few months ago, but I still look disgusting. I obviously need to increase the intensity of my approach with both diet and exercise.

Carol said...

loosing weight is a terrible battle that i am still trying to conquer. But there is a science behind it for sure, and every body is different. but your diet is 80% and exercise is the other 20%. And it takes time to do it right!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews