Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Healthy Kick



The time has come.

I need to get back in line, and reign in my eating.

I love love love sweets, and I'll NEVER stop eating them. To counter-act them, I really LOVE to eat healthy food. I have not been so good about this lately. I had absolutely no desire to do any cooking during the last few months of my pregnancy. This resulted in lots of mac n' cheese from the box dinners. Not good.

It occurred to me tonight, after I ate the most scrumptious and not so healthy, loaded with butter, greasy steak sandwich (pictured above); then topped it off with a doughnut at the church activity, that maybe, just maybe I need to start eating healthier.

Like pronto.

I don't do diets. I think they're ridiculous. No one is going to stick with it. They're always just temporary. I like to do gradual lifestyle changes and make eating healthy a habit. I will not deprive myself of yummy, fattening desserts. Life is too short for that! But I WILL make healthy meals that taste good and are easy. I'm all about the quick and easy.

(Oh wait. My one diet that I do is my own version of the "liquid diet"... I make myself drink one large glass of water before diving in to any snacks or meals. Sometimes a glass of water is all I needed to curb that longing for a 5th chocolate brownie that day...and if I'm filled up on water, I tend to notice that I'm full at the correct time, and stop eating before I over-eat.)

So, I'm making it a goal to start cooking dinner again. I feel so much better when I eat REAL food and not crap from a box. I need to find the energy that eating healthy gives me. Hopefully by doing this I'll be able to start losing some of the excess baby weight (40lbs) I gained from eating all that crap!

So, I'm sure you don't care, but I'm going to start logging my weight loss and exercise (or lack thereof) progress here. If I tell myself I'm blogging about it, then I'm more likely to be good about it!

What will YOU get out of it???... I will try and share some yummy recipes with you, whether they are things I've made up, or borrowed from others.

Oh, and in case you want to know how to make that sinfully, not healthy sandwich I had for dinner, here's the link, from Pioneer Woman. Give it a try. You won't regret it. Yum

Healthy Kick start weight 194lbs. ugh.

3 comments:

Carol said...

You go girl. You can do it. I am proud of you!

Rebecca Susan said...

I hear ya! We've just made some pretty big overhauls in our daily menus around here. I've lost about 5 or 6 pounds so far and already feel so much better. My eating habits weren't bad (I've only gained weight when pregnant) but they weren't good (I've never lost the 30 extra pounds I gained with Dylan), and Doug's eating habits were bad bordering on horrendous. Good luck!!

Callie said...

Good luck! Be my inspiration...if I see you do it, I will be more likely to do it myself after this baby is born! :) I'm with you on the whole weight thing. I'm about to hit the 200 lb mark (granted I am 37 weeks pregnant), but you also have almost a foot on me! :) Here's to eating better and feeling better! :)

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews