Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Keeping my Head Up

The last year or two have been full of lots of stress, turns for the worse, downfalls, bad luck, etc. I'm trying to keep a good and happy outlook for 2010, so I think in order to do so, I need to look back on the last year and count my blessings a little bit. I just want to write down some happy, exciting, fun, new things we did in 2009, just so I can remember that it wasn't all doom and gloom.

1.We sold our house in Texas in record time (for the market), to a woman who loved every uplift and update we'd given it.
2. My pregnancy with our very soon to be new little girl!
3. Visiting Moab Natl. Park for the first time.
4. We were very blessed with some large amounts of grants for Dirk's school, which will help us pay off our debt more quickly.
5. We finished paying off our car!
6. We've met so many new friends.
7. Having the advantage of living closer to family
8. We were able to go to the temple for my brother, Brinton's wedding.
9. We've been able to spend so much time with family from near and far, which is a great blessing, since we've been living so far away for so long.
10. We've moved in to an amazing ward family who loves us and has blessed us so much in the past few months.
11. Dirk finished his first semester back to school and really enjoyed it.
12. Dirk got out of the Army, ending the constant fear and wonder of deployment, and ending a lifestyle he really hated.
13. I started my own Mary Kay business, and it has been perfect for me. I do well with it when I feel like working, but if I'm not up to working, I don't have to!
14. We got moved in to our bigger apartment which is just perfect for us.
15. We made almost $900 at our yard sale this spring!
16. We live in a place that has 4 seasons again!
17. We've been able to play and explore in nature much more than we ever could in the big city in TX.
18. I have a calling in the church that I love (very nice, since I left a very similar calling behind in TX which I also loved).
19. Dirk and I saw his mission president when we went to the temple in Salt Lake. I'd never met him, and it'd been 8yrs since Dirk had seen him.
20. We got a pool membership and love to go to the pool as a family at least once or twice a week.
And the Ultimate kicker that is forcing me to be optimistic... Dirk finally got a job. Again. This one is supposed to actually work out and be reliable, and I'm having a hard time being optimistic about it... but I guess our happy thing number 21. is Dirk got a job. - now let's hope it's actually going to work out... unlike the other 3 times he "finally got a job" this year... Wish us luck!

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews