Pages

Saturday, September 03, 2011

For the Record

For the days when I feel like a slacker mom and wife, I'm going to record what I did this morning in 3 hours while Dirk was out shooting guns with the guys. I really hope this isn't what life will be like once Dirk starts school and work.

Me vs. The Kids

In Three Hours I:

  1. cleaned dishes, started dishwasher
  2. cleaned kitchen
  3. swept floors
  4. mopped floors
  5. washed down dining table and chairs
  6. vacuumed carpets and rugs
  7. took out garbage
  8. scrubbed toilet and shower
  9. put the kids' laundry away
  10. fed the kids multiple snacks
  11. responded to the kids multiple whining/begging/asking for things in a kind and patient manner
  12. changed 2 dirty diapers
  13. ran a load of poopy laundry
  14. showered a child who was poopy from head to toe
  15. cleaned poop off of nearly every surface of the bathroom
  16. locked myself out of the house while dumping poopy items in dumpster and had to go around back, over super sharp rocks, barefoot. 
  17. found Ginny had opened the backyard gate on her own and escaped to the front. Chased her in my pj's and bare feet (over sharp rocks again), and down the middle of the road to catch her 3 houses down.
  18. attempted to cook myself breakfast but burnt it while responding to begging
  19. attempted to eat my breakfast, but got attacked by two begging children and only got to eat about 1/4 of my food. 
  20. attempted to drink my juice but had it poured all over me by a begging child who was trying to steal it. 
  21. Put the 1 yr old down for a nap 2 hrs early because she refused to eat and stop whining. 
  22. Had my 5 yr old pull his sister out of her crib 10 minutes later because he wanted to play with her. Then promptly made her cry and refused to play with her. 
I think that's it. I'm sure I'm forgetting something though.
I did it all without yelling or crying. Yep- I'm awesome. (at least I was this morning... I won't claim being awesome the rest of the time!)

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews