This morning, Hayden was soooo excited to get to go to school, he got up before everyone (that's nothing new) and fed himself breakfast (taking bites out of 4 different bagels) and got himself dressed. He came in to my room right as we were getting up and said, "I'm all ready for school, let's go!" He was in too-short fleece-lined jeans (It's going to be a high of 97* degrees today) and an old, ratty Superman shirt. It took much coercing to get him to change his outfit. I still didn't win with what he did wear, but at least he finally settled on something a little more suitable for the day. Starting Monday we will be picking out the clothes the night before!
He refused to eat his breakfast (since he'd eaten so many of the bagels- I don't blame him), and Mommy forgot to give him a hair cut (we'll get around to that tomorrow). We aren't off to a very good start! One thing we did remember to do, was something my mom used to do for us when I was growing up. We had a back to school supplies scavenger hunt.
Hayden didn't know what the treasure was, but after he was all ready to go, we gave him a clue, which led to another clue, which led to the treasure of his NEW backpack (he didn't know he was getting a new one), and all his school supplies. I think we made the clues a bit too easy as he had no trouble at all finding them and he told me it should be harder next time. At least he had fun doing it!
After a few minutes of cartoons and a prayer, he and Daddy were off to take the walk to school!
All about Hayden - September 9th, 2011. First day of Kindergarten
Favorite thing about Mommy: about you playing the Wii with me. I like to love you. You're silly and make funny faces at me.
Favorite thing about Daddy: loving him, playing with him, having fun with him
Favorite thing about Ginny: Playing with her, not wrestling with her
Favorite Book: Jesus Christ
Color: orange
Song: I am a Child of God
Movie: Train the Dragons
Food: chicken
Treat: chocolate
Favorite Friends: Jared and Lindsey. Just them.
Ice-Cream: Banilla chocolate Reeses pup chunks (not a typo- that's how he said it)
Sport: soccer ball
Toy: lawnmower (toy lawnmower we got rid of and he'll never let me down for it)
Place
to go: Burger King and McDonalds and Wendy's and Sonic and the play
place at the mall and the place where you play games, but my not goodest
part is not getting an Angry Bird. I don't like that game, I wanted to
play some guns. Too bad we're not in Missoula anymore.
Why's That?: Because I like Missoula because it was fun.
How much do you weigh? forty one hundred pounds
How tall are you? sixty hundred
IF you could be an animal, what would it be? a polar bear
Tell me the funniest joke you know. Do Mice Eat Green Lantern? No!
Would
you rather be a Superhero, a Fireman, or a Daddy? Jesus. Oh... Superhero
What do you hope to learn at school today? Are you kidding me?! I like to learn about Hulk!
DO you like girls of boys better? Both. Because I like girls and boys.
What makes you happy? Mario
What makes you sad? This morning, when you were out there, Ginny bited me on the eye.
How do babies get here? A bus
What do you like to wear? Nothing. Naked.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Jesus
What do you like best about yourself? How fast I am. Do you want to see how fast I am? Watch this... (runs into the wall).
What is your favorite thing to do? play the Wii
What does daddy do all day? Work
What does mommy do during the day? Work
Who is your favorite person? Jesus
What is Heaven like? earth
Why do you think I asked you all these questions? Come on.... I'm done.
3 comments:
love it. see i need to remeber all these things you do so i will do them with my kids. Your such a good mom. I especially love him showing how fast he is and running into the wall.
I need to do this interview with Jared! He will appreciate it when he gets older and it was fun to read all the comments, especially about his friends. I was reading this to Jared and Lindsay and they said awwww.
Hey I have seen this survey before! ; love all his answers!
Post a Comment