Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Birthday dinner and Belly Shot

Dirk took these pictures of me before we headed out on our first date since May!
Here's my belly at 25 weeks.... or to translate I'm 6 months along and have 3.5 months left!


Tomorrow is my 26th birthday, so Dirk took me out to dinner and a movie. We went to Johnny Corinos. We'd been there once in Arizona, and really weren't too impressed with it, but I was craving Italian and decided to give it another try.

I am so glad we did! Not only was the service awesome, but the food was amazing! We walked in and out in under an hour, and that included dessert, lots of time to chit chat and just sit and relax. I wanted to try a new dish, but I'm always scared to pay the money to try something new, and then not like it. I asked the waitress if there was a chance I could get a sample size to test it out. She seemed very unsure and said they don't normally do that, but came back with a tiny little plate with a perfect size appetizer sample. She was shocked they agreed to it, and they said it was the first time in history they'd done it. It was the perfect start to a perfect dinner. I ended up loving it, but was feeling like I wanted something else, so I tried something new, which the waitress suggested, and it was fabulous!!

Johnny Corinos definitely went above and beyond. The chef even came out to bring me some extra soup when the waitress was busy, because he didn't want it to get cold!It was a very nice birthday dinner experience and we ended up leaving a 23% tip... which if you know me is a BIG deal- especially when I'm on a tight budget. I usually scrutinize every part of the meal and start deducting points off the tip right away.

For our movie, we went to go see "Whip It". I know there are tons of great movies coming out right now, many of them I want to see, but for some reason I wanted to watch this movie. We loved it. It was the typical, predictable story line of a high-schooler who doesn't fit in, tries out for an underdog team, ends up being awesome, the team still loses, but they all still have fun and learn lots of lessons. We've all seen this movie a million times. The thing that made this so fun and different was that it was set in the crazy sport that is coming back to be quite popular- Roller Derby! It was so fun to watch! We were both very happy with our movie choice!

4 comments:

Montana Brandts said...

Happy Birthay! I am so glad you had such an awesome birthday date with your hubby! And, you look so cute! You have the cutest little preggo belly! I am so excited for you and your new little angel that will soon be joining your family!

Kelsey said...

I'm so glad you gave Carino's another chance! I love that place and haven't been in so long. Sounds good except I just ate. :) Sounds like you got exceptional service and they earned their tip! That movie has Drew Barrymore in it right? I saw her on Connon and they showed a clip of her hitting her head pretty hard on the floor. You look cute!

Kelsey said...

Oh and Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!

Laura Neill said...

Thanks Kels-

Yeah, Drew Barrymore is in it- it is also the first movie she's directed. We thought it was pretty darn funny. I don't know why I didn't like Corino's the first time- I think maybe because I was craving some Olive Garden breadsticks at the time, and I remember it being really slow and just all together not really being impressed with our meal. I'm glad this one here in MT is good though, because we don't have an Olive Garden here!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews