Pages

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Lots and Lots of Projects

I have so many projects on my to-do list and so many ideas for more projects! It seems I'll never catch up, and before I know it I won't have the ambition any more, so I've been trying to plow through some things.

I've been making a baby quilt for Ginny. I plan on making her whole crib bedding set, because I can't find any in stores that I like, and they're all ridiculously expensive. The quilt top is almost done, but I hit a bump in the road when I got sick and didn't work on it for a week.


While making Ginny's quilt, Hayden was begging me for a new blankie. I found some cute robot fabric on sale and whipped out a 5 minute cuddly robot blanket for him. He loves it, and best of all, it was under $10 and only took 5 minutes!


My living room colors have taken a big change from my usual. I just can't do browns and beige when I have a big ugly brown wood panel wall and ugly brown cupboards all over the place. I needed some color! I found some fabric (to hang on the ugly wall) at Ikea that I loved, which is weird because it's blue and I usually don't like to decorate with blue. And it didn't really tie in with my ottoman that I did last year, so I had to whip out some pillow shams to make everything work together. It's kind of funky and very different than what I'd normally do, but I'm liking it! It works very well with fall- I'm sure I'll change it up again when we move into our bigger apartment, because I won't have that ugly brown wall!! Do you think the apartment management would notice if I just painted the wall for them??!!
I made an owl pillow after I saw some cute ones on etsy. Mine didn't turn out nearly as nice as theirs did. I'm not showing you a close up of the owl pillow, because well, it's not really worth looking at close up! It was kind of a "what NOT to do" project!

I have so many more things on my list, I hope to be showing you soon! I have a Christmas quilt in mind, I want to re-cover my lamp shades in some funky fabric, I need to refinish and re-upholster my dumpster chair, I really really need to refinish my $10 dresser for Ginny (it's hard to work on furniture when I don't have a yard or garage!!), and mostly I need to start working on Hayden's Halloween costume! Wish me luck- I only have 3.5 months before Ginny comes. I'd better get going!!

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Your quilt/baby bedding for Ginny looks adorable! It's better than anything you can find in stores because it's homemade! Love Hayden's new robot blanket it suites him. I think you tied everything together very well in your living room. I like it.

Callie said...

I love the quilt! Beautiful!!! What is it about us pregnant women that we feel the need to do all sorts of projects?!?! I have a million and one different projects and I am a little overwhelmed. I am planning on making Kaden's Halloween costume too...so I best get going on that one! :) One thing at a time, though, right?

Anonymous said...

I love the owl pillow! I think that it looks great with the decor. If I had half the ambition that you do, I would be pleased! So cute!= P.S. you should post a belly picture soon! I want to see how cute you look!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews