Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2008

happy birthday to me..

happy birthday to me... happy birthday to me-e... happy birthday to me!

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I'm not at all shy or ashamed to admit it or tell you how old I'll be. It's the big 25! Sometimes I don't understand why people are afraid or shy to tell people when their birthday is, or to notify you when it's coming up. I understand the age thing, but the date? Why wouldn't you want the whole world to know about your day??

(I love my Dirk- but I swear, I'd probably be better off setting my camera to a timer, than having him take the pictures. I edited this the best I could so you could see us! I think I'll re-do this one tomorrow!)

I made 2 cheesecakes this morning, from scratch. I was supposed to make 3, but I ran out of time. The chocolate cheesecake turned out fabulous-

The plain cheesecake looked good but sort of tasted funky. It was the first time I'd tried that recipe, and I sort of noticed it was weird while I was making it, so I wasn't too surprised.

We had some friends over for cheesecake, veggies, and we watched the Iron Man movie (Dirk's choice. I so would not have picked that for my b-day flick. I mean, it was good, but it wasn't my first choice, but after all, there were more boys at my party than girls, so it was only fair).

We're having some friends over tomorrow as well, so I'll be making another chocolate cheesecake in the morning (it was gooooooooooood), and we'll have fun playing with our friends and having a second 'party'.

13 comments:

Callie said...

Happy birthday, girl! I hope your day is fab! Yep, we are getting old, but isn't life wonderful?

Allison said...

Happy Birthday! I loved my 25th! Hope you enjoy yours! :-)

Hamlie said...

Happy birthday (again)! The chocolate cheesecake looks AMAZING! I am one of those people who don't like to advertise my birthday...to most people anyways. I'd rather they find out on their own and then do something for me. It also makes it harder for large groups of people to do things for me which is good because I don't like to be the center of attention especially in large groups.

Montana Brandts said...

Happy birthday Laura!

Rebecca Susan said...

mmmm. . .is it wrong to drool over pictures? Happy birthday! You've inspired me--I'm going to have a birthday party next year! The trip to the Malt Shop with you and Mom is about the most I've celebrated my birthday since I turned 19, but I'm feeling festive now. The table looks so pretty with your awesome cheesecakes, veggies and flowers. Well done!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!!! Those cheesecakes look amazing...you are a culinary genius :) P.S. You are OLD :)

Sally said...

Happy Birthday to Laura the super baker, decorator, mom, wife, and ultimate money saver!

Samantha Fife said...

Happy Birthday to You! I miss you - we need to plan a 1/2 way trip here soon...... Or when we have money.....Love Ya!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day! I am impressed you made cheesecake! Looks yummy! :)

Anna M. said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a fabulous birthday...your cheesecakes look delicious! =)

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Happy birthday you old woman you! ;) Those cheesecakes look scrumptious! I am going to be trying out a pumpkin swirl cheesecake recipe soon! yummy!

Melissa said...

Laura~
it's nice to meet a fellow Montana girl! You are one talented girl with your recipe and coupon blog~wow! I love a good deal and a good recipe, so I will have to check them out. Happy Birthday and it's nice to meet you through the blogging world!
Melissa

Sam and Kurtis said...

happy late b-day. cheesecake looks so good. before i read the caption i was wondering what was wrong with your picture :-). Laura my goal is to make my house somewhat as homey as yours i love all your pics they all looks so inviting.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews