Pages

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall Feast

We threw a big Fall Feast- potluck style -at our house today. I had so much fun doing the decorations. Lots of people showed up and brought tons of great fall foods and desserts. And we had a pumpkin carving contest of course! I was so impressed with everyone's pumpkin carving abilities! There were about 20 people here, so it was loud and crazy, but very fun. Here are a few pictures! As always, click on the picture to see it larger and view the details!
My front porch. I just found that black bench on craigslist for free and painted it! I love it!
Big hairy spider in his giant web, and my new favorite Target purchase- the owl door mat! cute!
a few decor above the tv, and a swarm of bats and a boo!
Another boo, and my utensil jars
I think this black bird is the creepiest decoration. It sits on the lamp sort of above and behind your shoulder, while you're on the couch, so you'll just barely catch it with your eye at random, and if you forget it's there, it's really creepy! - Also, the pumpkin ice bucket got a little infested with gummy worms!
Spiders crawling in the dead black tree as table decor.
Trick or Treat garland
Mummy dogs and ketchup spider webs for the kids
My pumpkin- "the elephant man"... and Dirk's pumpkin is the "red ring of death". It's an x-box thing. If you don't get it, it won't be funny if I explain it. Those who do get it should think it's the scariest pumpkin out there... aparentally.
A few friends, the Shakovs, and the most dedication award goes to Joe who carved his pumpkin with a jig-saw!
The older kids posing with the finished masterpieces
Don't they look great?!

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Great decorations for a great party. I am jealous of your free bench. I have been checking Craigslist faithfully several times a day for great finds. I have found a few good deals on things but I am holding out for something FREE. I guess it's just a little harder when you live in a smaller place and most everything that's listed is like 50 miles away!

Lisa Loo said...

I so want to be your neighbor!! Your house looks so wonderful and fun! And what about that feast?! You should so publish this and give Martha Stewart a run for her money. And the jig saw--oh my goodness--I can't let my husband see that one....

Mandie said...

What a fun party! All of your decorations and food look amazing. Way to go!

Carol said...

I am so sad. you don't live by me. I want you to help me decorate. I love love it all. You have done a fab job. We need to talk crafts. You have such great Ideas and i need you to inspire me!!!!


Miss you tons. I made a leaf rose Yesterday out of the Yellow leaves and thought of you all day.

Crystal said...

Your house looks amazing! I love all the decorations! What clever ideas!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews