Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Bunk

I'm in a Funk. A Blogging Funk. A Bunk?

It's been a busy world around my house, but not with much exciting. Not that that's ever stopped me before, from blogging about not so exciting things... but I just don't have it in me right now. I'm trying to get it back. I'm working on a couple projects, that hopefully turn out good enough for me to feel the need to share.

I really haven't even picked up my camera in who knows how long... except to take a picture of a dead rat in my garage! Yes, a rat- this was no tiny little field mouse, but a full grown rat. I'm shivering in disgust just thinking about it. I swear we live in a clean environment- I'm blaming it on my evil neighbors. It took 6 blocks of poison to get this yucky creature to finally die. Then I found another dead one in my yard today. I really really hope there's no more. I feel like I constantly need to shower and wash my hands. I've contemplated scrubbing down everything in my garage with bleach, but the hubby says that is ridiculous.

Anyway.. besides that, I'm catching a cold. Hayden is teething. I seriously thought he was done, but apparently they get their 2nd molars in their 2nd year?... hmmm... I really had no idea. Hayden also went #2 in the elmo potty today!! Not on his own. Really, he was showing signs of great distress in the bath tub, so I promptly set him on the potty and he went. He was so proud of himself when we clapped and cheered for him, and bribed him to do it again another time with a sucker. Hopefully this will give him more interest in the potty again.

And for those wondering, because I've received tons of questions of concern, and haven't replied to a single one- We didn't have any effect from Hurricane Ike, other than the gas prices went up for a couple days, the grocery store was a bit more crowded on the weekend, my Tim McGraw concert was opened up to about 10,000 more people than planned so it was way too big, and there were quite a few evacuee visitors in church. We got less than and inch of rain and hardly any wind at all. I was quite disappointed we didn't get hit a bit harder with the rain. Then I saw the outcome of the damage, and felt a little bad for wishing it hit harder.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you all know I'm not dead, just boring and bored. It will change soon, though. It's almost OCTOBER!!! My favorite month of the year!

And Because blogs are boring without pictures, I'll share this. My big sister Erin, graduated last month from BYU with her Masters in Costume Design! Here she is with my dad. Doesn't she look fabulous? I think she does. I'm so proud of her! It took her many years to accomplish this, but she didn't give up. She graduated with her BA and Masters before me or any of my other 7 siblings even got our bachelors. (okay, I'll change that number to 6, sinch Nick is still in H.S. ) Still- pretty impressive!

3 comments:

Callie said...

I was just about to e-mail you and check up on you! :) I'm glad you are still alive. I'm sorry you have been in a funk. There are days I would like to be in a funk then I remember the grandparents and others who religiously check my blog multiple times a day, I feel guilty if I don't blog that day. :)

Yuck on the rat! I swear living down here in the SW, I have come across the most disgusting creatures. It makes me miss MT!

Get better soon, my dear Laura. If you need anything...let me know!

Rebecca Susan said...

oooh, I am SO anti rat. There are so many disgusting rats in Hawaii. And cockroaches! Cockroaches everywhere. We've been having a black widow problem ourselves, and I'm afraid I'm going to kill all my shrubs out front with all the insect killer I've been spraying!

The Crocketts said...

That's great about Erin! Tell her hello and congrats for me please. That is AWFUL about the rats! *shivers* Macey is teething again too, so I feel for ya! I'm glad you guys didn't get hit hard. We were EXTREMELY blessed at our house, because we only had wind and rain and DIDN'T lost power! Our county and one over had 35,000 people still without power 3 days after it hit. Ike came on my birthday. That was memorable. But, I decided that I was still going to have a good day, so I put on a happy face and tried not to think of the rain and wind. Having power was a pretty great birthday present! Hope you get out of your "bunk" soon. Have a great weekend!
Heather

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews