Pages

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Science Experiments

Hayden tried to sit on an empty box and just fell in. I think it kind of surprised him, but he didn't even bother trying to get out.

He just made faces at Dirk while he continued to eat his apple and lounge in the box.

I started getting really desperate for some way to entertain Hayden so we started a science lab.

He examined the properties of a cornstarch and water mixture. He was pretty fascinated by this for at least a whole 5 minutes.


I let him pour some vinegar in to some baking soda. This was his favorite experiment!


We tried a new experiment I read about, but it didn't work nearly as well as it should have. We poured hydrogen peroxide on to potatoes... It was supposed to foam up like the soda/vinegar mixture, but be more of a structured foam... Maybe I forgot a step? It did bubble and fizz and foam a little bit, but nothing too exciting.

One more try with the vinegar and then he lost interest in the science lab.  At least it kept him entertained for a good 30 minutes.

No comments:

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews