I have a few pictures to post from our fun Friday Night Football games... but I've been sick and tired since Thursday, so they're just going to have to wait.
I went to a 'Now Care' center yesterday and tested positive for the flu. Normally no biggie- not so fun when you're pregnant. It hit me like a freight train on Thursday afternoon and only seems to get worse. Apparently about 75% of people in my area who have the type-A influenza are also testing positive for the Swine Flu, so they're sending my tests in to see. Again, if I have it, no biggie- it's just the flu. A little funny, though... The worst part is, I feel some bronchitis coming on, and I really hope it doesn't go there, because I don't think my belly muscles can take any more heavy coughing! It hurts soooo bad!
I got my poor little Hayden sick too! He's miserable and burning up and had a horrible throwing up incident to start the whole thing. Poor kid just wants to play outside and enjoy this nice fall weather we're getting!
Dirk is being wonderful and keeping Hayden away from me so I can rest, keeping the house clean, taking care of everything, and not even complaining when feverish Hayden pushes him out of the bed and makes him sleep on the floor. I just really hope Dirk stays healthy so he doesn't have to miss school!
And that's about all that's been going on here. Just thought I'd post an update for record-keeping.
3 comments:
Oh man, I am sorry to hear your so sick! I know how it feels to be preggo and sick... and it sucks! I feel for you, I am sorry! And, to have a sick kid on top of it... I don't know if this would help you, but when I was preggo with Kailey I got a REALLY BAD cold and a cough that would not go away! And, like you my stomach muscles could not handle the coughing, and it sucks when your preggo cuz you can't take a darn thing for it... I ended up going to the ER one night cuz I couldn't take it anymore, my stomach hurt and I couldn't sleep! Anyway, the point to this whole long story is that they gave me some medicine that is perfectly safe to take while preggo and it worked WONDERS! They call it "liquid GOLD," it helped the caugh and helped me sleep... the actual name of it is Tussionex! So, if your caugh gets bad enough go and ask for some of that!! Sorry that is quite the long post with that story! Anyway, I hope you all get feeling better soon!
another thing that helps a cough, even though you're not technically supposed to eat it when preggo, but what is a Tablespoon?...Oh its Honey, it coats your throat so you don't cough anymore...I used it rather frequently when pregnant this last time
You're not supposed to have honey while preggo? I've never heard that one. I thought it was just for kids under the age of one or something... I've been drinking a lot of honey in herbal tea and it's really helping. I can't even think of eating it strait- I think I might go into a diabetic coma!!
Post a Comment