Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The weak link?

Dirk says I'm the weak parent... that I cave under pressure... that I'm not good at following through with punishments... that cute little Hayden gets to me.

I've tried to deny it.
I think it may be true.

Conversation I just had with Hayden, after telling him our plans for the day and all the errands we will run.

H: "How about.... we go to smoovie house?" (smoothie house = Costco)
Me: "How about if you get no more time-outs today. If you behave, then we'll go to the smoothie house."
H: slumps a little and gives me a fake pout. (I think he knows it can't be done)
Me: "That means no spitting, or hitting, or tantrums, or running outside without asking first. You have to be nice to both mommy and daddy..."
H: "Uuuuuhhh.... That's not a good idea. How about nice to just Mommy... Not Daddy?"
Me: "Why not nice to Daddy?"
H: "Daddy gives me time-outs. I want to go to smoovie house"

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

ha ha thanks for the laugh! Hayden has you wrapped around his skinny little finger!

sarah bird said...

hey i feel for dirk..sorry :)..its just that its really hard being the parent who never gives in, then I'm the mean one, and the kids know that they can just go ask Chuck. Even if his initial answer is "NO" he always gives in...Well I guess not always. he did back me up last night over an argument with addison over pumpkin pie...thank you chuck!

Samantha Fife said...

hahaha! Michaela would have said the same thing!!! Jordan is the nice one at our house for sure!!!

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

LoL I think I might be the weak parent too.......Oh well :)

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews