This week has been sooo hot! Without air conditioning it is really seeming unbearable for me for half the day. I couldn't stand it any longer yesterday, so we decided to take Hayden to his first ever movie theater experience!
We went to see the new ICE AGE movie! It was really cute for the kids and quite funny for the adults. I couldn't believe how many adult jokes there were in there, that the kids would never understand! I think Dirk and I enjoyed it more than Hayden!
We went to the old, cheap, musty theater in town, so it would be less crowded, in case he wasn't behaving very well. It was only us and one other family. Hayden ended up really loving the experience, but wasn't too fond of the previews. He just wanted the movie to start already! Hayden and I shared a "love seat" and he snuggled up against me for a good portion of the movie, while we scarfed down all kinds of extra buttery popcorn goodness and way too much candy!
It was a pretty fun way to cool off for a couple hours! That is until we got home and the baby decided extra buttery popcorn isn't really it's thing, and made me get rid of it all :( That's the first time I've really gotten sick in this pregnancy- No fun! I think we'll do this again on a Tuesday when the snacks are only $1... and I won't eat as much next time!

1 comment:
mmmmmmmm movie popcorn is the best! We've been debating on going to ice age 3 also, but zaiden and quora will probably not be to cooperative..I haven't been to the theater in ages! Glad you got to cool down...
Post a Comment