We're terrible parents and couldn't stop laughing at how "special" he looked with them on top, along with this boot-like slippers... He thought we were laughing with him, not at him.
Then Dirk told him he was a super hero. I told him to beat up the bad guys and he proceeded to punch daddy in the face. This is a real action shot, by the way. Dirk wonders where he learned this, yet watches Saturday morning cartoons with him every week. The other day, he randomly yelled and did some sort of round kick to Dirk's face, then fell on the floor and rolled away. Seriously.
I'm trying my hardest to prevent this kid from turning into one of "those" kids, but it seems he's already learning the 'cool' fight scenes. I guess with his dad there's no hope. Notice 24 in the background... Dirk declared about 5 times tonight he wants to be Jack Bauer. We've been applying to some cool jobs lately. Don't worry, if he gets them and really gets to be a cool "Jack-Bauer" type guy, we won't tell you! ;) (We've also applied to some not so cool jobs, which will probably be the case).
Here he is running like a super hero.
And the ending to this great night was Napolean Dynamite coming on tv. Hayden will stare at the tv and not move when Napolean is on.
7 comments:
I love how Hayden punched Dirk on command. Glad you got the action shot!
You realize in 20 years when Hayden sees these pictures, it is going to be all your fault, right? :) Oh the things we do to our children! It seems like you never have a dull moment in your household either. Must have to do with having a little boy!
Ahh, your special boy. Every boy is "that kid". I've just come to accept it!
I just love your little guy!!! So funny!! Love your blog too!!
Well I wouldn't want to take those PJs off...they're awesome! And I love 24!!! :)
SO funny, on so many levels!! That last one is my favorite as is he fact that he doesn't move during Napoleon Dynamite!!
Oh man that is awesome!! What would we do without kids!! They are some serious entertainment and without them life would be so dull!!
Post a Comment