I just thought I'd write a quick post about what we've been doing lately.
Dirk has been busy for the last week and a half, including his whole weekend, working on some sort of Field Training. I'm not quite sure what he's doing, but he seems to really be enjoying it. He's been leaving before the sun comes up and getting home 10-11 hours later when the sun is already down. We've been missing him a lot lately!
I (Laura) finally finished my work, helping throw together the Christmas Party. Just when I thought I was going to have a chance to relax, I was offered a babysitting job. So for the last two weeks, five days a week for five hours, I have been watching 2 1/2 yr old twins (who are a little crazy) and their baby sister (who is very cute and good). It's been a whirlwind of energy and messes around here. Just when I seem to get one thing cleaned up, another mess is made. I'm attempting to do laundry today, even though the laudry I did last Monday is still sitting in the baskets waiting to be folded! I just realized Christmas is coming real fast, so I've been staying up late, working on some presents. I'm also WAY behind on running errands, shopping, and going to the Post Office (Carol- I promise I'll mail it someday!).
Hayden has been very active lately. His new words which he loves to say are "up!", "no" (which he really says with an 'm' so it's 'mo', "Ank Oooh" (Thank you), and "Hes Hes" (which is Jesus). If you ask him any question at all his response is either "Mo" or he raises his hands up to the sides of his head which means "I don't know".
He loves to read his Christmas book about Baby Jesus, along with his new book he got from the Christmas party, which is about counting. He's a little jealous of all the time Mommy is spending with other kids these days, so as soon as they leave we have cuddle time on the couch. He is getting really good at being soft and petting the little baby's heads. He currently has 5 teeth coming in at the same time. He's growing up fast!
1 comment:
Glad you have your camera back... I am getting a new one here soon. Is yours pretty hightech or what? Are you guys staying in Texas for Christmas?
Post a Comment