This is Julie. Julie is our best friend from college. She was my roommate and a "little sister" to Dirk. She's the coolest person ever! She finally kicked her roommates out of her condo, so we were able to stay with her for the weekend and it was so much fun (though not long enough!). It was lots of fun to see her interact with Hayden and Ginny. She's amazing with kids (an elementary teacher), and is quite goofy! p.s. she's single ;)
This is Ender with the sparklers. Ender is my nephew and is a pretty darn cool kid. He's rather quiet, but if you listen closely, you'll notice he's quite goofy and fun! I didn't get any pics of his brother Po'okela- but he's lots of fun as well! In fact, the Luau we went to was at his grandma's house, and was filled with lots and lots and lots of food. Then just when you thought it was gone or you were finished, even more food was brought out!
Ginny bean trying on her new sunglasses. She was NOT a fan! She sure looked cute though!
I did NOT get enough lovin' time in with this little guy! He is my very newest nephew, Enoch, and his momma with the yummy nose is my brother Brinton's wife, Josephine. She was glowing with pride for her new little guy all weekend long :)
2 of the 3 (Erin's will be coming soon!) 2010 grandbabies!
My sister Erin will probably kill me if she sees this, but sadly it is the best picture I got of her all weekend! She is due with her first baby in August! I can't wait! She looked radiant and beautiful all weekend :)
This is Lars. He doesn't work very hard to look cool. He just is. Lars is Dirk's best friend/old roommate from college. We liked him so much we decided to hook him up with my sister Erin, so he's now in the family! Lars and Erin will be sticking with the Scandinavian name thing his family (they're Danish) has going, and will be naming their son Thor Bjorn.
Dirk and Ginny relaxing at the 4th BBQ we had in 3 days!
Ginny discovered watermelon. She devoured it as best she could, while getting juice and snot all over the place!
Dirk's parents decided last minute to drive up to UT so Grandpa could meet Ginny! We went to lunch and visited for a bit, and that was it, but it was so good to see them! I LOVE this picture of them :)
Sorry, I can't help myself... Another one of the Ginny bean :)
Ginny got to meet Matthew who was born one week after her. Matthew's mommy is Julie's cousin Pam, who I just recently met last year, but I totally should have met her years ago!!
awww.... cute little family <3
Hayden and Dirk at our very first BBQ of the weekend!
Enoch again. Love this little guy! He was ALWAYS sleeping!
Hayden helped Julie make some brownies as Ginny watched and wondered when she was going to get a taste!


These two love birds are so cute together! This is my cousin Kathy Washburn and her fiance Nathan. They will be married in August and I think everyone at the BBQ just loved watching them off in their own little world.

No trip to Utah is complete without a visit to my mother's grave. Especially the week of her birthday. I told Ginny about her, while at the same time feeling silly, because I'm sure Ginny and my mother have already been well acquainted!
1 comment:
What a WONDERFUL amazing post of pictures and info! So great.
Post a Comment