Just so you know, I'm going to have some picture overloads for the next few posts :)
4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Over the last few years, I've had some pretty bummy Independence Days... Like in San Antonio, where it didn't really seem to exist!
It's fun and all in Montana (in fact I LOVE it in MT), but my true love for the 4th was realized when I was a little girl living in Provo, UT.
The place is chalk full of Mormons and Republicans. The combination of the two makes for quite a lot of patriotic festivities!
When I was little I used to watch the fireworks from the BYU stadium of Fire from our rooftop. I always dreamed of getting to go some day.
We'd always get good seats at the parade in the morning. My mom, being a former teacher at Timpview High School, would always get an array of cheerleaders stopping in front of us to give my mom a special cheer! To a little girl, that was pretty magical and my mom was a celebrity :)
This winter, when I found out Carrie Underwood was performing as the main act for the Stadium of Fire, I quickly explained the magic of the Stadium of Fire to Dirk and convinced him to let me buy tickets before they sold out (which they did, rather quickly!).
I know Dirk is patriotic, but I honestly didn't know if he'd like sitting in the huge stadium for hours on those hard and CROWDED bleachers!
Thank goodness for me HE LOVED IT!!!
He said it was the best firework show he'd ever seen! He even loved all the pre-Carrie Underwood stuff, and yes, he likes Carrie as well, so it was perfect.
4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays. Over the last few years, I've had some pretty bummy Independence Days... Like in San Antonio, where it didn't really seem to exist!
It's fun and all in Montana (in fact I LOVE it in MT), but my true love for the 4th was realized when I was a little girl living in Provo, UT.
The place is chalk full of Mormons and Republicans. The combination of the two makes for quite a lot of patriotic festivities!
When I was little I used to watch the fireworks from the BYU stadium of Fire from our rooftop. I always dreamed of getting to go some day.
We'd always get good seats at the parade in the morning. My mom, being a former teacher at Timpview High School, would always get an array of cheerleaders stopping in front of us to give my mom a special cheer! To a little girl, that was pretty magical and my mom was a celebrity :)
This winter, when I found out Carrie Underwood was performing as the main act for the Stadium of Fire, I quickly explained the magic of the Stadium of Fire to Dirk and convinced him to let me buy tickets before they sold out (which they did, rather quickly!).
I know Dirk is patriotic, but I honestly didn't know if he'd like sitting in the huge stadium for hours on those hard and CROWDED bleachers!
Thank goodness for me HE LOVED IT!!!
He said it was the best firework show he'd ever seen! He even loved all the pre-Carrie Underwood stuff, and yes, he likes Carrie as well, so it was perfect.
He was very proud to stand up and sing his Army song when they honored his branch of the military.
The parade was a little difficult to take pictures of because of our location near a round-a-bout, some of the parade was far away and some was much too close. And they moved FAST! Way too many pictures to bother tweaking my lighting/contrast ;)
Here are some of
I love the bagpipe bands!!
Hayden loved the Curious George Balloon
Dirk loved the HUGE Polynesian band, complete with a cowbell a the end!
High school bands with terribly tacky and HOT uniforms.
Beautiful saddles
And and very talented girl doing tricks on a horse!
1 comment:
Did you have to wait overnight to get good seats? I asked Ryan if he would evey "camp out" on the road side and he said "no way, because the reward is a PARADE."
Sigh. Boys never understand the true pleasures in life.
Post a Comment