Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Patriotic Dress

Ginny needed a patriotic dress for the upcoming holiday festivities. I dug out this fabric which I'd bought months ago on sale, because I thought it was pretty, yet had no idea what I'd make with it at the time. I also tried a new to me technique called shirring (sewing w/ elastic thread), but not all my lines turned out very strait!
Overall, I think it turned out pretty cute! I didn't cut off all the excess on the inside from when I sized it, I just tacked it in, so next year, I can undo the side stitch and make it a little bigger for her to wear again as a shirt!

I'm excited to try to make some more dresses for her. So simple and cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so inspiring and make me want to make things! The dress is super cute!

Someday when I only have one job I can be creative again. Hopefully Evan sells this screenplay so that is a possibility sooner rather than later! LOL!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews