It has been much too long since I've updated.
(You can tell I've been busy, because this is seriously the only picture I have of her to share with you!)
In the last few weeks, This pretty little thing has managed to rub off most of her hair in some very unsightly patches.
She's gotten her first 2 teeth.
She started making noises. Lots and lots of funny, screaching, noises. It sounds like she's half way trying to talk and half way trying to scream. Either way, it's hilarious, but I can't seem to capture it on camera, because when I pull it out, she always goes quiet!
She thinks she's all that, because she's figured out how to scooch around on her belly. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. It's not an army crawl yet, more of just a shifting of her weight back and forth and pushing until she very slowly moves from one end of her blanket to another. She's not supposed to be moving yet. She's too little. Didn't I just have her like yesterday or something?
----------------
This little Twerp has been driving us nuts! In between semesters, we started to seriously try to potty train him. That was about a month ago, and we're still seriously trying. We're attempting to be consistent to the best of our sanity.
People say there will come a day when it will just "click" and he'll be trained.
WHEN will this day come is what we are wondering??!!
In the meantime, he is getting sweeter and sweeter with his little sister. He just adores her and usually is very helpful with her... sometimes a little too helpful... Like this morning, when she was crying, he ran in to her room and tried to pick her up out of her crib, but instead dropped her upside down on the other side of her crib. They were both pretty scared when I came in the room, for different reasons!
He has also FINALLY, after 3 summers, figured out how to ride his tricycle! Just in time for a certain big boy gift that he might be getting for his birthday!
----------------
Today is This one's 29th birthday! Happy Birthday Babe!! He's still busy going to school full time and working, only he's taken on more hours for the summer, so I get to see him a bit less than before.
He's recently rekindled his love with ACDC and Nerf guns. He's desperately trying to pass his love of these on to his son. It's adorable.
---------------
As for me... I've been super busy and have just barely gotten a break this week. We had a huge Young Women camp fundraiser with church last week... or was it the week before? I don't know, I'm still recovering! There was a TON of last minute work. We tried to prep in advance, but really, we had to wait for most of it until the very end. This (combined w/ 3 meetings that week, teaching a lesson to teenagers about chastity, and a graduation to go to) caused a bottle-neck effect of stress and very busy days. Overall, it was tons of fun. I love my calling, working with the Young Women. They are great girls, and I work with wonderful women. I learn so much from all of them!
(no pics of me, so instead here's one of my brother Nick, all graduatated and stuff!)
In the last few weeks I've been able to catch up with a couple friends whom I hadn't seen in a LONG time. I've made new friendships, and I've gone to the gym ZERO times!

(Oh wait! I picture of Me! Thanks to my friend Mandi Jensen Whom I hadn't seen in either 6 or 7 years... We couldn't figure it out!)
I've also been trying to soak up every ray of sunshine possible by going on lots of walks with the kids. We're going to Disney World in 2 1/2 months, so I really want to get us used to long walks in the heat. We've had lots of fun walking all over Missoula. My favorite part of walks is discovering all the neat places you normally just drive by and never even notice. We bought a new sit & stand stroller for our trip, and Hayden thinks it's the coolest thing ever!
We're super excited to go on our very quick and busy trip down to Utah in a couple weeks! We get to stay with our bestest friend Julie! I get to meet my new nephew, Enoch, throw a baby shower for my sister, Erin, who is having her first baby in August, plus ALL the 4th of July festivities in Provo. We have tickets to the Stadium of Fire with Carrie Underwood, and I'm super excited! Provo is the BEST place for 4th of July festivities if you like the super patriotic fun stuff!
Now that I'm all updated, I'm going back in to super busy mode, so it might be a while before I update again, but I'll try to be better!
2 comments:
Love all the pictures!
Zoila keeps talking about all the fun things to do in SLC for the 4th. Sounds like it'll be tons of fun. I'd love to see Carrie in concert.
Post a Comment