Okay, so I have to get this out there, because I can not contain myself any longer!
We're going to Disney World!!
The closest thing to anything Disney I've done, is watching the movies, and I've always wanted to go to one of the parks, so naturally, it is currently the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about before falling asleep!
So, how are we possibly going to be able to do this, being poor college students?!
Dirk just happens to have an amazingly awesome brother, Evan, and his wife, Paula, who scored an amazingly awesome deal for a week at Disney World, and they needed to invite one other family to go with them.
Enter... US! ( YAY!!! )
All we have to do is pay for plane tickets (ahem...student loans...cough..).
We get an entire week at Disney World, hotel and more than we can eat food for FREE!

So, we are ecstatic! I'm a bit nervous about a few things, but thankfully we have almost 4 months to work those little things out.
Hayden is currently in his "scared of almost everything" stage that most kids go through around this age. For example- He went on the carousel in Spokane last week and bawled and screamed and panicked. Yet, a year ago- heck, even 6 months ago, he LOVED stuff like that and was fearless. I want him to LOVE this... So I plan on trying to get him accustomed to busy, noisy, scary rides.
So, any tips or ideas on things to do, places to go, where we could maybe brave him up before we go?

If you have ANY advice on going to Disney with young children, I would love to hear it!
I don't need traveling/flying advice- Done that a ton... just what I need to know on how to survive a week at a theme park with two little ones!
I want this to be a fun VACATION, not HELL with a few fun things thrown in.
We're going to Disney World!!
The closest thing to anything Disney I've done, is watching the movies, and I've always wanted to go to one of the parks, so naturally, it is currently the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about before falling asleep!
So, how are we possibly going to be able to do this, being poor college students?!
Dirk just happens to have an amazingly awesome brother, Evan, and his wife, Paula, who scored an amazingly awesome deal for a week at Disney World, and they needed to invite one other family to go with them.
Enter... US! ( YAY!!! )
All we have to do is pay for plane tickets (ahem...student loans...cough..).
We get an entire week at Disney World, hotel and more than we can eat food for FREE!

So, we are ecstatic! I'm a bit nervous about a few things, but thankfully we have almost 4 months to work those little things out.
Hayden is currently in his "scared of almost everything" stage that most kids go through around this age. For example- He went on the carousel in Spokane last week and bawled and screamed and panicked. Yet, a year ago- heck, even 6 months ago, he LOVED stuff like that and was fearless. I want him to LOVE this... So I plan on trying to get him accustomed to busy, noisy, scary rides.
So, any tips or ideas on things to do, places to go, where we could maybe brave him up before we go?

If you have ANY advice on going to Disney with young children, I would love to hear it!
I don't need traveling/flying advice- Done that a ton... just what I need to know on how to survive a week at a theme park with two little ones!
I want this to be a fun VACATION, not HELL with a few fun things thrown in.
I'm already compiling a list of things I need before we go:
- The tandem sit/stand stroller I've been wanting... debated whether or not to get it b/f Ginny was born. After Spokane last weekend, I decided we need it. I'm looking at the Joovy Caboose Ultralight. If you have one that you just LOVE let me know and I'll take a look...
- Comfortable tennishoes for Dirk that look good with shorts.
- My birthday present needs to come early: My telephoto camera lens
- Hayden NEEDS to be potty trained (Hopefully this will happen in about 2 weeks after our Potty Training Boot Camp.
Oh yeah- So Paula should just get paid to plan people's trips to Disney. Check out this blog she's made, so we can plan our trip exactly how we want it! Feel free to comment on our choices we're making if you've experienced it. http://neillwdw.blogspot.com/

6 comments:
LOL! Love this post. I would' get the stroller. Only because Hayden may eventually want to sit and ride in a stroller. If Ginny wants to sleep, that means Hayden cannot ride. We saw plenty of 3 year olds who wanted to lay down too.
Solution? I am thinking about looking into off site stroller rentals in orlando. They deliver to your hotel and pick up the stroller-- for a reasonable price. We could get a double one where both kids could lay down or sit at the same time.
I will look more into it.
I say don't get that particular stroller. Both can't lay down at the same time. Plus, if Hayden wants to sit, he can't see forward, he has to sit and face backwards. Michaela won't stay in that part of a double stroller. I like my Combi Twin Sport a lot - it folds really little, fits through all doors and reclines individually. Do lots of research!
I am so excited that you get to go on a vacation! Hooray!
Samantha made a great comment about double reclining. I think that is a good idea. Let me know if you can't find one that you like in time-- or if you decide to wait. We can always rent from that company there. I say that the lens is more important than the stroller-- just because I want to steal your pretty pictures!
Evan said hat the shoes are priority over the stroller as well. He says that Dirk is not allowed to go if he doesn't get better shoes.
What is this potty training boot camp? Also-- I am thinking about making a potty training/behavior book for Hayden. I will showcase my idea on the blog today.
How fun for you all to go & to only pay for plane tickets! Hope you get all your choices & decisions made to your liking before you go. :) Good luck with potty training. Michael is doing pretty good but still has accidents.
I forgot to add... even if it is half hell and half awesome, a couple of weeks later you only remember the awesome parts. That is the joy of a vacation!
I think you would enjoy a nice point and shoot camera instead of lugging around your big camera. I can't stand worrying about my good camera getting stolen or damaged. I'd rather take a good camera that fits in my pocket and enjoy my time with my kids.
Post a Comment