Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sweet Memorial Day Message - Repost

This is reposted from Memorial Day 2008. I just ran across it again, and thought it, and the comments were sweet enough to repost.


I found this little note, tucked under my windshield wiper, when I came out of the store. I thought, "well this is random". Then I realized, no, it's not. It's Memorial Day.

I have an "Army Wife - My Heart Belongs to a Soldier" license plate holder. Had the person looked in my car, they would have seen an almost life size head shot of Dirk, in his ACU's and beret, sitting in Hayden's car seat waiting for us to come back. Had they seen me get out of my car, they would have noticed the Army shirt I'm wearing, because it's laundry day. Had they followed me through the store, they would have heard my conversation with Hayden, about how we were buying the big Rubbermaid container to store all of Daddy's green Army junk.

So I guess the note wasn't random at all. It was very much appreciated. It's nice to know someone took the time to stop and say thank you on their way into the store.

I got home and realized my flag wasn't out. I promptly set everything down, went to the closet, got the American Flag, and proudly hung it outside my house.

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day, and remember those soldiers who fought and died for your freedom. Remember those families who loaned their spouse or son or daughter or Daddy or Mommy to America.

1 comment:

Samantha Fife said...

Way Cool.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews