Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Avocados

We bought our first ever gym membership this week!
I was so excited to jump in full-fledged, work my butt off every day, and quickly see results...
I went once.
Then the kids got sick. Now I'm starting to get sick.
I guess there's always next week.
I did, however, go to Costco and buy about $300 worth of fresh fruits and veggies and healthy breads and drinks and stuff like that...
What I used to call "hippie foods"!
(why is that? I'm not sure...)
I've had no ambition to cook lately, and it feels sooo good to eat a bunch of fresh healthy stuff. Now if only it didn't cost so much?

And guess how Hayden got sick?!
(This is what I'm blaming it on, anyway- not that I actually know how)...
While at Walmart (imagine that) a day or so before he came down with this cold, I looked over at him in the checkout line, and
he was LICKING the shopping cart
... back and forth and up and down!
GROSS!!!!


I finally gave in a purchased a new itouch.
It should be here in a few days and I can't wait! It'll make going to the gym a bit more entertaining...
My first time wasn't actually too bad. I chatted with a nice little old lady named Nancy, and watched out the window as some missionaries from our church attempted to play baseball in their suits and ties, without getting dirty...
It was quite humorous to watch!

My new weigh-in is 189.
Dirk just got weighed at the doctor this week and discovered he gained 10 pounds while I was pregnant. This adds to the extra 10 pounds he'd already gained since leaving the Army.
I was happy to hear this news, because now he can't complain about all the healthy foods I'm making him eat!
We may or may not have had a little mini-fit at the dinner table about all the avocados I made him eat in his salad!

He's also going to kill me for writing about this on here! I'm tempted to track his progress on here as well... but if you never hear about him again, you'll know I got in trouble!

until next time..

2 comments:

Callie said...

David tried to keep up with my eating habits during my first pregnancy and gained a ton of weight. He actually lost like 10 lbs with this pregnancy...so not fair.

Since I was so good during my pregnancy about the no sugar thing, I gave myself two weeks after Gracen's birth to gorge on all the sweets I wanted. I'm just hoping I don't weigh more at my 2 week check up than I did at the end of my pregnancy! :) Between Gracen being a little piggy and chasing after Kaden, I am pretty sure I am going to lose a lot of this baby weight right off the bat. We shall see though.

Good luck!

Dirk said...

You are a butt face also avocados are gross and my salad does not need them.

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews