Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Extra! Extra!

Big News #1. We are moving to Missoula this Wednesday! I'm so excited to have found our own place. We have been looking for weeks at many many rentals and hadn't found anything just right for us. We heard from many people we should sign up for University housing, though it would probably take them months to accept us. So I signed up and within 12 hours they called back with an opening for us! It's a TINY 2 bedroom apartment, but it will be our own. It is in a nice family area, set back far from the road with great playgrounds and lots of fun kids to play with. The best part is, rent is only HALF as much as all the other rentals in town we've been looking at! Oh- and for those of you who may wonder- it looks like we'll be in 1st ward...

Bigger News #2. I have started my own business. Now don't laugh- because I'm past the "it's a stupid idea" stage. I am now a MARY KAY consultant. After much thinking about it, I realized it's just what I've been looking to do for years! I want to work and have an income, but I still want to be a stay at home mom. I've decided watching other people's children is NOT for me. I've had many other creative endeavor ideas, but all of which are too hard to start up and make money right from the start. I heard about Mary Kay through a friend who is very successful at it. I attended one of the meetings and I was hooked with how few hours you have to work a week to make some nice cash flow! I just have to be motivated to do it, which I am. I'm already getting started with everything. Don't be surprised if I ask you to host a party for me sometime- don't worry, it's super easy and you get FREE stuff! Oh, and for those of you thinking "make up... shmakeup..." Mary Kay is mostly about good skin care and most of the products are skin care products. Dirk is even enjoying the men's line!

Biggest News #3. I'm pregnant! Yay :) I'm still a bit nervous after what happened last time, but I can't NOT tell people anymore, because Hayden is walking around telling people there's a baby in Mommy's tummy! I'm about 11 weeks, due January 15. We've already had our first ultrasound and saw it waiving it's arms and legs at us! Loving the non-military health system! I'd never had such a clear ultrasound so early! It was super exciting.

11 comments:

Montana Brandts said...

YAY!!! I am SO excited for you guys! Everything seems to be working out for you, and what exciting new adventures! I know exactly how you feel on the whole being cautious and nervous! Honestly I was so scared to go to the bathroom until I hit the third trimester! I know it sounds lame, even after all my ultrasounds, but that fear is just always lurking about! But, I am so excited for you guys!! YAY CONGRATS!!

Sally said...

Lots of exciting news! Congratulations on the little babe! We have been starting to look at rentals in the Missoula area too for when we finish up here. Maybe we'll end up in the same ward some day. We were in 1st ward before, it's a good one, atleast it was back then.

Rebecca Susan said...

yay, Yay, and YAY!!! Congratulations on all the excitement. Toddlers are really quite bad about keeping secrets. You would not believe some of the things Keilana would tell people when she was that age. *blushing*

Here's hoping for good luck and good health!

Allison said...

Laura,

Congrats! So many great things finally coming your way! I think Mary Kay sounds like a fabulous idea for you, so way to go. Hopefully this pregnancy goes smoothly, but if not, you will still have our support!!

Anonymous said...

1)That is wonderful! We are really excited for you guys. I just took a look at the housing on teh UMT website and it looks nice and cozy! They look clean and well laid out, so I am sure they will work well.

2)As for Mary Kay... another good thing. I rarely wear makeup, but I have been avoiding it because I don't want to use all my Mary Kay stuff and then have to find another consultant. You solved that problem. So now I guess I have no excuse to be lazy!

3)I am excited about your pregnancy too! I was asking Evan all about the details after her got of the phone with Dirk, but he didn't ask details... got to love boys. I hope that you post pics of the ultrasound soon.

Kelsey said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you! Hayden will be a great big brother. Mary Kay should be fun! Good luck!

Shannon said...

Wow, so much great news! Congratulations on everything! Lots of changes, but change is good sometimes!

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Yay! You've got all sorts of great news! Congratulations on the baby bump :) and if you feel like driving to Helena sometime I'll host a party for you :) oh and now that we are in the same state can you host a party for me? You got pregnant at just the right time...now you don't have to help with the heavy lifting while moving :)

Callie said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! I totally knew you were pregnant! I felt the vibe when we got together! :) Fun!!!

Which village are you going to be in?

Samantha Fife said...

yay! i am soooo happy for you! i will write more when im not on my phone!

Bethany said...

Hey! That's awesome!!! Congratulations on all those things, but especially that baby growing inside you!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews