Pages

Monday, June 08, 2009

Playing Catch Up... Again...

Oh my goodness gracious crimany... I can't believe it's been over a month since I've last posted.
My life has changed so much over the last few months, I just didn't know how to fit blogging or even motivation or creativity into my days. I haven't been exceptionally busy, but I have been busy trying to put the peices of my family life back together. It's still a work in progress and will probably continue to be so for the next few months.

For a little over a month I turned Hayden's whole world upside down (as if the move wasn't bad enough) and went back to work.... TWO jobs actually. I was watching 2 boys (a 1 yr old and 2yr old) for about 40 hours per week at their house. Hayden could tag along most days if he wanted, but he didn't really like sharing his mommy time with these other boys so it was easier to leave him at home with Daddy. I was also substitute teaching at the High School when needed. That was a lot of fun. I almost always enjoy substituting. It was fun (and a little strange) to be replacing some of my old high school teachers for the day.

My poor little boy was motherless. My poor husband has never had to be the one in charge for so many hours of so many days. It was a bad combination. They are starting to butt heads and personalities like brothers. After some serious thinking about my role and how much I LOVE being a stay at home mother (and some serious issues with pay), I quit the babysitting job.... And school ended. So now I'm staying at home again with Hayden and all should be well....

But, we have this problem. I still have yet to figure out how to master sharing a house with others while having my own space. I haven't figured out how or where to do my creative outlets yet... On rainy days when we stay inside Hayden is going crazy because I don't have his "Creation Station" set up anywhere. I'm browsing the internet much more than I should be and finding all kinds of ideas to stash, which is turning out to be trouble because I'm starting to get an itch... a craving... a longing to create or fix something up.

And my son is driving me crazy. He's turning 3 next month. His "terrible twos" are really starting to take off. I think 3 is worse than 2. I can't wait to have our own place and fully back into our own routine.

... And just to keep it a little more exciting, I added in a few pictures of what we've been up to inbetween all the doing nothingness. 1. Grandad (my dad) and Hayden fishing up at Mission Dam (about 3 minutes from my house). 2.. After meeting up for lunch with some old high school friends, Callie and son Kaden, Sam and son Kyler, Hayley, and me (I left Hayden behind). 3... a buffalo at the National Bison Range (just a few miles from my house). 4....Hayden looking very cautiously at the water pad at the park. He decided not to go in. 5..... Dirk and Hayden at Flathead Lake (about 30 minutes from my house).

5 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

You slacker!! haha, I kid, I kid. My blog is often my link to sanity, so. . . .

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

You are a slacker! :) I mean seriously watching kids, subbing at the school, you should still have plenty of time to blog, haha

Kirby and Logan Hoffer said...

Oh and if you're really needing a way to let your creativity flow...Come on over! I have a bunch of furniture that needs refinishing :)

The Crocketts said...

Hang in there! It WILL get better! Love the pictures, by the way. Hi to your family for me please. Love ya!

Lisa Loo said...

I know that I am really just a stalker to your blog and maybe I am one of the ones you deleted from your Reader BUT--your son has the best expressions! That one by the water pad is priceless.
I soo know what you mean about the trying to find your own space while living with others--tough stuff. Sounds like you were crazy busy there for awhile!
I LOVE Flathead Lake--its been way to long since we went there--its seems like it is just far enough away that its not convenient.
Hayden doesn't look any the worse for wear--you must be a good mamma!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews