Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Laura....and the boys?

Only about 7 weeks left until the arrival of our newest family member!! I've been told it's a girl. It appeared to be a girl on the screen. But I can't help but keep having these "nightmares" that my baby will come out and surprise us all! I guess "nightmare" isn't really the word- because I just want another baby, but I am so ready for a girl, and have given away all my little boy things! So if this little person comes out a boy, I'm in big trouble! I'm tempted to ask my doctor to give me another ultrasound just to check, but I'm pretty sure it's too late in the game for that, and she/he is too squished in there to even see anything.

So cross your fingers for me that my little one wasn't hiding a little something and that I will get my girl!

And in the event that all is well, and it is a girl- well, I need a new blogger name to call myself. I won't just be "Laura... and the boys" anymore. I can't seem to think of anything at all, and I'd really like not just a new name, but a name for my blog. After 3+ years of blogging, I still haven't thought of anything more clever or cute than "Neill Family"...boring!

So, any ideas? Throw them out there!

3 comments:

Callie said...

You are too funny. I'm sure it is a girl! :) Although, I would be worried the baby would come out the wrong sex too had we not see Kaden's and Gracen's "stuff" very clearly! :)

You gave all of your boy stuff away? Are you going to have any more children or is Ginny it? I guess I just assumed you would have more. :)

...Laura... said...

Oh we'll have more kids, but I had literally kept EVERY item of clothing from Hayden, and it was taking up way too much room. (about 8 large rubbermaids full). We're majorly downsizing this year, because we can't afford a storage unit and we are trying to fit things from 2,000 sq feet of living down to about 700 sq. feet of living... plus add in an extra child, and we've just decided we have WAY too much stuff. I did keep a few of the super cute and special to me items- and my sister is borrowing a few, but for the most part, I did a big trade to Deva (Michael Umphrey's wife who just had a boy) for a bunch of girl clothes. It was hard to part with them, especially being thrifty and knowing there's a good chance we'll have another boy- but we just can't keep them anywhere! It just means I get to do more shopping next time around :) I'm learning lots of lessons this year on what we can/can't live without at the moment- and not shopping for things that I'll have no where to store in the future- and forcing myself to think "simply" and live like a minimalist!

Kelsey said...

I really hope Ginny is a Ginny - especially since I sent you girl things! I'm sure everything will go as planned. I understand about you having to downsize with clothes but really they are just things and can be replaced. Besides you're going to have only girls from now on - didn't you know! ;P

I had a hard time coming up with a name for my blog but I knew it had to go with our name. My mom is pretty creative and helped me in the process. I've seen a few that I like around in the blogging world--Crumbs, bits and pieces of our lives--... I can't think of another but rumage around from friend's blog lists to get ideas. Be sure to stay true to yourself and your blog. Good luck!

If you've gotten behind on our blog and would like to see more, just click on "older posts" above.^^^^^^^^
Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Total Pageviews